Are Spanish Police getting tough on Wildcamping (1 Viewer)

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
There are some nice sites away from the more popular coastal sites as well as many new Camper stops in Portugal which are the same as sites but at a more reasonable cost. We are on one now that is not in a touristy area amid the Orange & Lemon groves but near to the N125, the main road along the Algarve.

There are similar ones in Spain, Totana Camper stop is one we have visited that was very good with fantastic views over the national park.

The main problem in winter is the further you go North away from the coast the colder the weather might be, that's why we stay South until the weather warms up

If you don't like crowds stay away from Pedro's he is packing them in and you don't get a lot of space. His Bar-B-Q is good but not much room for all the people he gets in. Still the best welcome on the Algarve but we feel too many people are being squeezed into the room for comfort on Bar-B-Q days.

The chicken run is quiet but very rural and if it rains it can be difficult getting off, and a bit remote but you may like that.

A bit harsh Keith re Pedro's . Was very quiet when we arrived , very busy for a while and quiet again . He is one if the most helpful and kindest guys you could meet so wouldn't like anyone put off going there thinking it is always too busy.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Spain has been clamping down for years now.. and when you see the mess some places are in it's understandable.. :(

from what I've read, Beni is like a refugee camp along the front.. that can only lead to police taking action.

Bill's comment might be harsh, but not directed at the OP I'm sure .. just saying how it generally is..

Did not know and have never seen anyone camping on the front in Benidorm....BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
The Tavernes video was a shock to me as never seen so many MH parked up like that here in Spain, however if each MH spends 1 euro a day in Tavernes shops etc thats say 2000 euros a day in that town alone......... I bet the local shops, bars and eaterys are happy.
Yes but if they paid 10 euros a night for a pitch the site owners would be happier and it provides jobs...There is wild camping and there is taking the piss....BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Why don't Funsters just get on with living their lives according to their requirements and choices and let others do the same?

Just because I don't want to park up squashed next to loads of other vans doesn't mean that those who do are doing anything wrong.

I also suspect that some of the negative "comments" with reference to grey and black water disposal are based on simple ignorance.

JJ :cool:

I caught two Germans emptying their toilet cassettes into the salt beds at CABO DE GATA a few years ago...boy were they embarrassed when i stopped and got out and bollocked them,,,,dirty bastards...BUSBY.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Deleted User
To all of you that think you are being very careful to put the correct waste down the correct 'manhole' please remember that the correct terms are 'inspection chamber' and 'inspection chamber cover'

Surprisingly this means that at some point some poor sod will have to descend into the deeper ones via the steps that are probably covered with the remnants of your black waste. Nice job eh !!!!!!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Spain has always been against wild CAMPING, as opposed to wild Parking which is legal. MOMO did supply a letter in both Spanish and English to show to the police (I think it is in downloads). Nothing must be outside the van, not even a chair or an awning. As previously said the ghettos of wild campers spoil it for anyone who just wants to stop one night then move on. I wild to stay away from people, not to park surrounded by them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back