Are so called wild campers spoiling it for everyone ? (1 Viewer)

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I heard this morning that the Height Restriction Barriers at Huttoft Car Terrace have once again been demolished.
I may be able to confirm whether this is indeed the case tomorrow as my current contract is based in the area.
I'll take a look over there if I get a chance.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I heard this morning that the Height Restriction Barriers at Huttoft Car Terrace have once again been demolished.
I may be able to confirm whether this is indeed the case tomorrow as my current contract is based in the area.
I'll take a look over there if I get a chance.

More expense for the local tax payers then :Sad:

If it continues I can see the LAs saying enough is enough and barring access to all :Sad:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
demolished. or taken down.a motorhomer took the back of his m/home on the barrier at riverside on the a45.they took the hight barrier down after that.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
demolished. or taken down.a motorhomer took the back of his m/home on the barrier at riverside on the a45.they took the hight barrier down after that.:thumb:
As I understand it they've been unofficially taken down by "Persons Unknown" but, as I said, I won't know for sure until tomorrow.
Getting them removed officially by way of protest or negotiation may have happened at some point but it's a sure fact that vandalising them will not make the Council back down.
How could they?
They would lose all credibility with the Public and that would not be allowed to happen.
Whatever my personal feelings about the barriers, IMO this sort of behaviour will destroy any chance the Protestors may have once had of achieving their aim.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
It's confirmed......

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 40

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It was in our local paper this week about huttoft again , and it was mentioned that if the barriers where damaged again there would be a chance that the terrace could be closed all together to all vehicles, so it looks as though these mindless selfish tossers have now spoilt it for Evan more people,

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
There were plenty there today taking advantage of the good weather.

I also noticed that someone had obviously had to effect an emergency nappy change then thoughtfully left it for someone else to clear up, along with the remnants of their picnic.

Marsh Yard also still shows signs of the previous incursion with broken chairs and bits of old awning dumped in the dunes and the grass.

What is it about some people that makes them into selfish, mindless a##eholes!! :Angry:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
total lack of respect.for others.i went on a site in Clacton.collected nearly one bag of rubbish.next day the b------- next to us had kicked the bag of rubbish we had collected allover our pitch.and had left trash every where. the bins were only 50 yards away.:Doh::Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
i agree and stated in a post about loch lomond

We have a few places that we go and every time we go we take away a bin liners full of crap left by others it only takes a few minutes to put it in the bin when you find one.
most of the crap left is the locals
We don't stay long maybe one or two nights and I would not consider my shelf a free loader/

totally agree . and when i stayed at the west side of loch lomond a few weeks back i even cleaned up the mess rubbish from idiots from cars and what ever, when i left the place was spotless , im sure there are some so called wild campers in motorhomes but im sure not a lot,, why dont they increase wild camping on some shore line and charge yes charge for 24 hours no more and no return within 7 days?? simple , could be done,, i would pay the same to park side of a beach on a dedicated parking bay for m/homes etc as i would in a camp site,, not about freeloading? i spend more in a local area than joe blogs pulling a bike of there cars with a flask and sandwiches, thats it with them . i always eat local fresh produce from local village or farm or yes a supermarket.
.. clean up move on..:thumb: talk to me if you dont then i have my wife and kids with me, who cares,,

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
totally agree . and when i stayed at the west side of loch lomond a few weeks back i even cleaned up the mess rubbish from idiots from cars and what ever, when i left the place was spotless , im sure there are some so called wild campers in motorhomes but im sure not a lot,, [HI]why dont they increase wild camping on some shore line and charge yes charge for 24 hours no more and no return within 7 days?? [/HI]simple , could be done,, i would pay the same to park side of a beach on a dedicated parking bay for m/homes etc as i would in a camp site,, not about freeloading? i spend more in a local area than joe blogs pulling a bike of there cars with a flask and sandwiches, thats it with them . i always eat local fresh produce from local village or farm or yes a supermarket.
.. clean up move on..:thumb: talk to me if you dont then i have my wife and kids with me, who cares,,

In some cases it is because the cost would outweigh the income and in others that any camping would adversely affect an area - neither of which would be in the public interest.

As I've said before, though, if anyone can identify a particular area where such a scheme would be economically viable why not take the argument to the appropriate authority and work with them to make it happen? LAs are highly unlikely to do it off their own bat as they have many other matters to deal with but if somebody takes a sound case to them most will, at least, consider it.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We are passing Loch Lomond later taking mother in law from Spain on a daytrip if I can't get parked because of motorhomes and caravans using the layby I won't be happy.:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back