Are motorhomers missing out on..... (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Wet cold days Larry. What are they, it is dry roast here at the moment and is predicted to stay for some time yet.....(y):cool:

It's been lovely weather in recent weeks, to sit outside the van on a warm Summer's evening takes some beating

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'm not an alcoholic, I do enjoy a glass of something and a bit of atmosphere that a good drinking establishment can give. :)

I do still do my share of CLs and the like but at times I find it can sometimes get a bit repetitive.:(

exactly how I found pubs .. repetitive, just watering holes, .. same old drinks, same old people, same old outcome..

there is a life outside of pubs .. something it took me a long time to understand.. now I prefer the atmosphere that cannot be bought, found in a pub or in a bottle .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I follow your drift Gary as we too have been there, I think my best compromise was by far My Pop Top which we used for everything including general use, even staying in a hotel and parking the van in the hotel car park. Sounds nuts I know but sometimes a change can be as good as a rest....(y)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
exactly how I found pubs .. repetitive, just watering holes, .. same old drinks, same old people, same old outcome..

there is a life outside of pubs .. something it took me a long time to understand.. now I prefer the atmosphere that cannot be bought, found in a pub or in a bottle .
Good for you Jim it would be a boring old world if we were all the same....;)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
For St. Ives the CC&C have a THS at the rugby ground every year. It's very popular and you need to book. From the rugby ground it's an easy walk to the centre or there is a half hourly bus service.
We are currently at a THS just outside Falmouth. On Wednesday the site was on the flight path of the Red Arrows display, so sat outside the MH and watched it. Yesterday we caught the bus from at the gate of the THS into Falmouth, had a good walk around and lunch in a pub overlooking the harbour. We sat next to a German couple who had come in on a cruise ship. It turned out they came from Erlangen, and were surprised to find anyone who had heard of the town. I had a 12month secondment to Erlangen 20 years ago. Talking to them brought back many happy memories. Tomorrow we intend to use our bus passes to get to Penzance or even onto Mousehole, our favourite place in Cornwall. Lunch in The Ship sounds brilliant to us. We enjoy Cornwall, stay at some lovely places and don't feel retricted one bit.
There are some large cruise ships that get into Falmouth now days. We sat on the queue and watched a large princess boat come along side, no tugs just bow thrust and the like. It managed to do a 360 in it's own length. Falmouth now having these ships in must generate a lot into their economy.
When we were sitting there I looked around a spotted a large male seal with his head out of the water not ten feet from the harbor wall. Funny how these things stick in your mind....(y) Mousehole is one of my favorites too..

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
mini artic is the way .
had mine 16 yrs now . cant think of a better set up really.
and can be ideal when i get to 70. i can keep it all with a couple of adjustments .
and keep the trainweight of 9.8 ton .
mind i would have to mot the truck then . but win some lose some .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
There are some large cruise ships that get into Falmouth now days. We sat on the queue and watched a large princess boat come along side, no tugs just bow thrust and the like. It managed to do a 360 in it's own length. Falmouth now having these ships in must generate a lot into their economy.
When we were sitting there I looked around a spotted a large male seal with his head out of the water not ten feet from the harbor wall. Funny how these things stick in your mind....(y) Mousehole is one of my favorites too..
falmouth as been having cruise ships for ages even in the 60,s . in truth its all part of cornwalls economy . after all falmouth is the worlds 3rd biggest natural harbour .
and it start just next to the village i live in . on tregoss moor . its just a little moorland stream here .

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I stayed in a Cornish seaside village this weekend.
It cost us £15 for the three nights we were there. Met some nice folk, walked to the beach and along the coastal footpath. On a bus route and within walking distance of 5 pubs.
Other than wild camping I don't think it could have been done any cheaper.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I stayed in a Cornish seaside village this weekend.
It cost us £15 for the three nights we were there. Met some nice folk, walked to the beach and along the coastal footpath. On a bus route and within walking distance of 5 pubs.
Other than wild camping I don't think it could have been done any cheaper.
What was the name of the site out of interest?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It's C&CC C.S. belongs to the Butson family.

I tried to get him to increase the price last year but to them both, it's a hobby. While we were there a gang mower came and cut the grass and Colin spent the whole afternoon going up and down on his ride on mower picking up the grass. It's a credit to them.
Oops! Sorry. It's in St.Agnes

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
............. I think my best compromise was by far My Pop Top which we used for everything including general use, even staying in a hotel and parking the van in the hotel car park...,..............

I've been known to do a variation on that! A couple of times, while wandering France, I ended up late at night in an unknown town looking for somewhere to park up for the night - ah, Ibis hotel ........ car park - perfect.
Late arrival, early departure, inconspicuous pop-top. That'll do nicely. :)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My wife loves St Ives, but I hate it with a vengeance.

All the visitors must ruin it for the locals even if the traders do well out of it.

Motorhome or hotel , I would rather stay at home.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I've been known to do a variation on that! A couple of times, while wandering France, I ended up late at night in an unknown town looking for somewhere to park up for the night - ah, Ibis hotel ........ car park - perfect.
Late arrival, early departure, inconspicuous pop-top. That'll do nicely. :)
I always had dark grey pop tops for that reason. Like a B-2 stealth bomber we could be in and out under the cover of darkness.......;)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My wife loves St Ives, but I hate it with a vengeance.

All the visitors must ruin it for the locals even if the traders do well out of it.

Motorhome or hotel , I would rather stay at home.
Me too, there is no place like home........(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back