Are hose pipe fittings a different thread? (1 Viewer)

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I've a city fill fitting on my RV and as it's a nice weekend I thought I'd try it. I've only had the RV for 3 years and you can't do everything straight away can you?:ROFLMAO:
Anyway the fitting is threaded on the inside so I spent a happy couple of hours in various DIY stores until I found the hosepipe plug thingy. Trouble is water sprays everywhere which makes me think the threads are different.
Do the Americans use hozelock style hose pipe fittings? Any experts on the difference between US and UK hosepipe threads?

Regards
Doug

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Try as you might Doug, you won't get a hozelock type fitting over here to fit a US city water fill, the threads are different.....which is why I bring all mine in from the States :Smile:

The easiest thing to do if you need something urgently is to screw in a white city water fill hose to your inlet then cut off the other end and attach a hozelock connector jobbie to it. Alternatively your friendly RV parts supplier has a stack of the screw-in "noddies" (as I call 'em) on the shelf :winky: You going to Newbury?

Attachments

• noddy1.jpg
    noddy1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 58
  • noddy.jpg
    noddy.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Try as you might Doug, you won't get a hozelock type fitting over here to fit a US city water fill, the threads are different.....which is why I bring all mine in from the States :Smile:

The easiest thing to do if you need something urgently is to screw in a white city water fill hose to your inlet then cut off the other end and attach a hozelock connector jobbie to it. Alternatively your friendly RV parts supplier has a stack of the screw-in "noddies" (as I call 'em) on the shelf :winky: You going to Newbury?

I am now! We're planning on coming as day visitors to pick up a few bits and pieces. Got another one to add to the list now! If I buy one of your american doodahs will a UK Hozelock fit onto it?

Regards
Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Yes, it will Doug.......I keep different types for city water fills, pressure regulators and macerators as they all differ slightly on the depth of the threaded bit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back