Free Member
Jul 22, 2009
lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
0- just started...
Hi we're planning our first trip, to the Ardeche in france this Sept. it's our first time travelling through france in M/H. For many years i've driven HGV across Europe, so i'm very familiar with driving on the other side .... But i'm wondering if any of my fellow travellers have advice/ guidence for us.. (i.e) places we should/ should'nt visit or stay.. as a trucker i know there are places to avoid, but as M/H's got no idea..:whatthe: so if anyone got info..and would like to share it we'd be very gratefull.. Also as i'm paying for this trip, i'll be avoiding TOLL ROADS.. any nice scenic routes you can tell me about...many thanks Terry/Kathy...

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi, the Ardeche is one of our favourite areas of France. There are many sites in the area including some good municipal sites. We nomaly stay at camping Provencal just outside Vallon pont D,arc. This site is right on the river and kayaks can be hired (or take your own as we do) for a trip down through the gorge, a minibus takes you back up to the site.
We used different routes down using Autoroutes and the nationals, plenty of safe aires on route or small sites if you want a lazy drive down.
I hope you enjoy the area september is a nice time to visit.

Mike.:thumb:

OP
OP
TerryKathy

TerryKathy

Free Member
Jul 22, 2009
lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
0- just started...
Thanks Mike

thanks ... my son worked there and said it was a great place to visit... but wanted info from M/H's who'd done the trip. Do you have the names of any places as haven't got any books yet about Aires/ or stop overs.. once again thanks T/K :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back