Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Just a pie in the sky idea at the mo, but after wondering where to go this year (instead of just taking the easy option of the Dordogne cos we love it there!) and after reading the article in this months C.C mag', the Ardeche looks lovelly?
Not an area we've been to before (got as close as Clermont Ferrand a few times).

Anyone got any tips/advice on the area, particularly with regard to large-ish rigs & 5vers?

Ta.:thumb:

edit = We like scenery, peace & quiet and usually do last week Aug & 1st week Sept.

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
we won a hoilday to the reigion last here at Link Removed site, really nice area pont de arc is worth a vist but i think it will be tight with a 5er around the pont de arc there are a few tunnels up on the top road with over hanging rocks and hight restrictions

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
we won a hoilday to the reigion last here at Link Removed site, really nice area pont de arc is worth a vist but i think it will be tight with a 5er around the pont de arc there are a few tunnels up on the top road with over hanging rocks and hight restrictions

Thanks mate.
We've changed the way we tour now.
With the motorhomes & RV's, we toured using the rig itself. Now with a 5ver, we find it much easier (and in some ways better), to head straight for sites and then use the Nav for sightseeing.:thumb:

edit = that looks a really nice site and just our cup of tea.............tho I must admit to finding it hard to justify "children under 4 = free" but i'd have to pay 3 euros a day for my bone idle couch cat!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Thanks mate.
We've changed the way we tour now.
With the motorhomes & RV's, we toured using the rig itself. Now with a 5ver, we find it much easier (and in some ways better), to head straight for sites and then use the Nav for sightseeing.:thumb:

edit = that looks a really nice site and just our cup of tea.............tho I must admit to finding it hard to justify "children under 4 = free" but i'd have to pay 3 euros a day for my bone idle couch cat!!!!

the site is really good the english couple that own it go out of thier way for you, it is at the top of quite a steep hill but 1 bonus there is a cave at the bottom where you can fill your own containers with nice wine for a couple of euro's:thumb:

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
..................but 1 bonus there is a cave at the bottom where you can fill your own containers with nice wine for a couple of euro's:thumb:

NOW your talkin' ! :thumb::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back