Aquastar for descaling Truma Combi (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Planning to descale/debug the Truma Combi 6E with Aquastar 1+2 (got a packet cheap) and at the back of my mind is something about heating the water up to 70C to maximise efficacy of the chemicals. However in the Truma manual under the heading of 'Maintenance' it says: 'The effectiveness of the use of chemicals to combat micro-organisms in the unit can be increased by heating the water in the boiler to 70C at regular intervals.'

Aquastar 2 is the chemical that deals with micro-organisms and has to be left in the system for 12 hours. However the manual that came with the Aquastar pack makes no mention of heating the boiler up at all (the chemicals are to be mixed in warm water). So does the phrase 'at regular intervals' refer to heating the boiler to 70C during those 12 hours? In other words, should I heat the boiler up with the chemicals in it or not? I can find no mention of this on the Truma website and don't want to potentially damage the boiler by heating the chemicals up in it if they are not supposed to be heated.

Does anyone know the answer? All thoughts gratefully received. :Smile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I think all it is saying is that fairly regular heating of the water to 70 degrees C will help keep micro-organisms at bay...

Reactions: maz
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I think all it is saying is that fairly regular heating of the water to 70 degrees C will help keep micro-organisms at bay...

Thanks Popeye. I did wonder if that was all it meant but the mention of the 'effectiveness of the use of chemicals' made me think it might be to do with when the chemicals are actually in the system before being flushed out again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Did mine a couple of days ago, used 2½ Lt of white wine vinegar (as recommended by Truma) after filling the boiler I set it to 60 deg and left it for 3 hours & then flushed it out using all the taps.
Total cost 60p.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back