LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As some of you may know I somehow seem to have been selected as assistant to motorhome / caravanning folk on limited or fixed income ( OAP's mostly ! )..

I have been tasked with trying to find a cheap(ish) aquaroll or similar.

Whilst the lady is perfectly fit, she has to do water collection with a 5 litre carrier.

I let her have a go with my aquaroll and she managed fine...

Soooooooooooooo

Anyone got a reasonably priced water carrier ( any make any type as long as it either has wheels or rolls :Smile: )

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I got two off ebay, a 40ltr. Fiamma for £26 plus £15 postage it is £95 at the dealers , also a wastetank 24ltrs made in Germany, very robust for £19.95

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ideally I am looking for something that will cost me no more than £20 including getting it here.. Remember folks, I am paying for this just to give away.. Might sound tight but I aint a rich man :Blush:

Even something 45 miles away at £19.00 equates to well over £30 by the time petrol is taken in to account ( canna really go for it on a motorbike cos of the shape ! )

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Ideally I am looking for something that will cost me no more than £20 including getting it here.. Remember folks, I am paying for this just to give away.. Might sound tight but I aint a rich man :Blush:

Even something 45 miles away at £19.00 equates to well over £30 by the time petrol is taken in to account ( canna really go for it on a motorbike cos of the shape ! )

John, can't you get some help from your good lady? .........

images

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
If you know someone in the West London area I've got an aquaroll sitting here in my garden in a posh green jacket.
It's really not worth my while putting it on eBay so it's available free if it can be collected. I'm certainly never going to use it again.

The only bit that's missing is the short flexible clear hose.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thats brilliant !!

Rest assured it is a worth while cause and will help no end !

Can you PM me your address and I will find someone who can collect for me :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I got two off ebay, a 40ltr. Fiamma for £26 plus £15 postage it is £95 at the dealers , also a wastetank 24ltrs made in Germany, very robust for £19.95

Dunno what dealer you use but they are £58 in my showroom at Robertsbride and same price on website plus £6-95 courier

Peter

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Update for you Laurence :Smile:

As you know ( hopefully !! LOL !! ) the items have now been collected from you..

The guy who collected them will be taking them home ( not far from you ) and they are being collected from him tomorrow and then taken to Bedford.
On Wednesday they are being collected from there and delivered here on Friday !

Many many thanks once again on behalf of a lady that will no longer have to strain her greens getting water ! :thumb:

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Update for you Laurence :Smile:

As you know ( hopefully !! LOL !! ) the items have now been collected from you..

The guy who collected them will be taking them home ( not far from you ) and they are being collected from him tomorrow and then taken to Bedford.
On Wednesday they are being collected from there and delivered here on Friday !

Many many thanks once again on behalf of a lady that will no longer have to strain her greens getting water ! :thumb:
Collected by Darren this morning. Glad I could help.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
As a footnote: I have a spare aquaroll, complete with handle, now not needed. If anyone has a use for it, it's freebie. Not taking the MH to Longridge, but as I live only ten miles away, I can drop it off there by arrangement, pass on, etc. Would prefer a Funster to have it, or maybe someone in need, as per this thread.
Dave.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Sorry John Cross I have just been on your web site, Fiamma 40ltr water carrier in grey, mine is blue, your price £99 crossed out now £70 :whatthe:

ps So pleased the lady is sorted well done to all concerned.

Last edited:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Hi Peter, as far as I can see you have two web sites, the one I was on didn`t have the blue one on, otherwise no point in saying what I did, can only go on the website, looks as if the blue one isnt on that one only the grey, I went into the Fiamma link.

Sorry for any misinformation .

Margaret

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And it has arrived here within the last hour !!

I cannot thank Laurence enough.. I just hope the woman they are going to does not start to blub ( she knows nothing other than I have something for her, donated by a member of Fun )

Also gotta thank the lads from BIRD ( my bike related forum ) for getting it all up to me.

It went through 3 peoples hands, from Laurence to Darren in Walton on Thames, from Darren to Gary in Bedford, and the last leg up to Thetford by Kevin ...:thumb:

Last edited:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years

Am I reading this right ?

Fiamma 23 litre £30 less funsters discount and £6-95 delivery
http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products...fresh-23l.html
Peter

£30 ( Less Funsters Discount £3.00 £27.00p
Less £ 6.95delivery ? £ 6.95-

Equals £ 21.05???:winky:

Looks a good deal
Roger

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
:thumb::thumb:Hi tootles, would love an aquarol to help out when Im campering with the family in winter ski resorts.

Im only in Cheshire, im sure I can find someone going to longridge who is also coming to my Pre christmas meet that I could get to transport it?

Can I have it to enhance my Campering experiences?

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
And it has arrived here within the last hour !!

I cannot thank Laurence enough.. I just hope the woman they are going to does not start to blub ( she knows nothing other than I have something for her, donated by a member of Fun )

Also gotta thank the lads from BIRD ( my bike related forum ) for getting it all up to me.

It went through 3 peoples hands, from Laurence to Darren in Walton on Thames, from Darren to Gary in Bedford, and the last leg up to Thetford by Kevin ...:thumb:
Stop it, you'll make me blub!::bigsmile:
:cry:there, I told you!

You've got an excellent network there, good community.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
:thumb::thumb:Hi tootles, would love an aquarol to help out when Im campering with the family in winter ski resorts.

Im only in Cheshire, im sure I can find someone going to longridge who is also coming to my Pre christmas meet that I could get to transport it?

Can I have it to enhance my Campering experiences?

No probs. Just PM me when you find someone, will gladly drop it off in Longridge.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
No probs. Just PM me when you find someone, will gladly drop it off in Longridge.:thumb:

Thanks tootles.. I have spoken to beerdrinker1 ken and he will be happy to deliver it for me if you drop over to Longridge. . Thanking you very much

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
:thumb:Andddd...
Bits duly delivered to one extremely happy lady !!

I explained all, about donations and delivery.. she asked me to pass on her deepest thank yous' to one and all :thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks tootles.. I have spoken to beerdrinker1 ken and he will be happy to deliver it for me if you drop over to Longridge. . Thanking you very much

Sorted. Will have it there for him.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
:thumb:Andddd...
Bits duly delivered to one extremely happy lady !!

I explained all, about donations and delivery.. she asked me to pass on her deepest thank yous' to one and all :thumb:
Very pleased to be part of this! No blubbing?::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back