Aquanaut Newbie (1 Viewer)

Aquanaut

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
Hi guys recently got a CI Riviera 100 Euro 2.8 TD Fiat Ducatto MWB 2002. I have picked up some great tips from the site. My first outing was to Anglesey and all went remarkably smoothly. I was expecting a bit of hassle being a newbie but had a great experience.
Experienced wheel wobble between 30-40mph so on my return had all the wheels balanced but this did not cure it. Is this normal or do I have some underlying problems any input would be greatly appreciated.
I am a marine engineer so have quite good fitting skills

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Aquanut, we can all experience a bit of a speed wobble in a bulky well loaded motorhome but not at speeds under 50:whatthe: I would definitely get the vehicle looked at by a pro. Meanwhile, welcome to the Fun:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Experienced wheel wobble between 30-40mph so on my return had all the wheels balanced but this did not cure it.

We've a 2003 Ducato - no hint of wheel wobble. We do get torque steer especially in the wet, all FWD will do that.

Can anyone do a tandem run with you on a dual carriageway and look each side for signs of a bent wheel/axle ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sounds like the sterring geometry need checking. Were the wheels ballanced on the vehicle? They should be for best results.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
We had a similar problem with one of our vans, had all 4 wheels balanced but still got a wobble, ended up having to get the wheel alignement done on all 4 wheels. We used these guys

http://www.steertrak.co.uk/

Cost about £70.00 and they are mobile and come to you and operate nationwide. Took about 40 mins and not had a problem since. He did say it was only slightly out but that can be enough to cause problems on well loaded vehicles which our vans always are!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back