Aquanaut Newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aquanaut, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Aquanaut

Aquanaut Read Only Funster

Hi guys recently got a CI Riviera 100 Euro 2.8 TD Fiat Ducatto MWB 2002. I have picked up some great tips from the site. My first outing was to Anglesey and all went remarkably smoothly. I was expecting a bit of hassle being a newbie but had a great experience.
    Experienced wheel wobble between 30-40mph so on my return had all the wheels balanced but this did not cure it. Is this normal or do I have some underlying problems any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I am a marine engineer so have quite good fitting skills

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Aquanut, we can all experience a bit of a speed wobble in a bulky well loaded motorhome but not at speeds under 50:Eek!: I would definitely get the vehicle looked at by a pro. Meanwhile, welcome to the Fun:thumb:

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

We've a 2003 Ducato - no hint of wheel wobble. We do get torque steer especially in the wet, all FWD will do that.

Can anyone do a tandem run with you on a dual carriageway and look each side for signs of a bent wheel/axle ?

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

sounds like the sterring geometry need checking. Were the wheels ballanced on the vehicle? They should be for best results.

5. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

We had a similar problem with one of our vans, had all 4 wheels balanced but still got a wobble, ended up having to get the wheel alignement done on all 4 wheels. We used these guys

http://www.steertrak.co.uk/

Cost about £70.00 and they are mobile and come to you and operate nationwide. Took about 40 mins and not had a problem since. He did say it was only slightly out but that can be enough to cause problems on well loaded vehicles which our vans always are!!