Aquaflex AQWE6

Discussion in 'Heating and Air-Conditioning' started by bigpeetee, Oct 26, 2009.

1. bigpeetee

bigpeetee Read Only Funster

We are new to Motorhomes and are very happy with our Kontiki Fairway, a LHD version built for Sweden.

However there is a problem with the central heating. it has a Aquaflex AQWE6 combined hot water and CH heater.

The heater heats the hot water well, but locks out. The CH system is pumped under control of a thermostat.

The header tank is lower than some of the heating elements, so doesn't fill the system, if I put the second pump on to charge the system, I can fill the header tank and therefore the system, but as soon as the pump is switched off, it fills the header tank and overflows to the outside! I doubt it has ever worked.

the Aquaflex AQWE6 was manufactured by Primus, but was sold to a company called Alde. Neither have been any help.

Swift weren't any help either.

Anyone got an installation/maintainance manual, advice etc.

It looks like the pump has died, probably as a result of running dry, where can I get a replacement?

Pete

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

sorry....i dont think you're going to get any info on that particular heater.

very unusual in a kontiki.

BTW....welcome to the FUN.

3. bigpeetee

bigpeetee Read Only Funster

Thanks Pappajohn,

I know it's a bit unusual, Swift used them on some of their caravans, but don't have any install/maintainance docs.

According to my understanding of the laws of physics, water flows to the lowest point, so having piping above the expansion tank is a no-no. It's not a pressurised system.

So probably has never worked at all:Sad:

I don't want to replace it, but if any one has experiance of these units your knowlege would be appreciated

BigPeetee

4. alexvanborm

alexvanborm Read Only Funster

Primus Aquaflex

Hello,

I hav also a Primus Aquaflex , You have to buy a pump http://www.reimo.com/en/48221-umwaelzpumpe_12v_rohrsyste/

First put the expansion tank above the pipings.

After that you will fill the tubes at the expansion tank . once the flued is in you can turn the pump on , then you have to fill more flued inside.

the air will lowering the expansion tank and you have to fill till the flued is stable and doesn't slink.

The flued you have to buy is cooling flued 50/50 mixture. don't use water and do not mix it yourself otherwise yo will have calcification in the heater. and then the seals of the burner will leak.

i had that when i bought my camper second hand . You can fix all of that :) . I did that

I send you some info in pdf format (as attachements) to your email. Can you give me your email ??

If the heating works , it is a very good one.

Alex Vanborm
    Belgium

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

That pump is 172 Euros............................:Eeek:

There must be a cheaper pump available, suggest you ring Glenn or Ian and they may have an idea.

Peter