Rally [Apr 2, 2015] Chester Food Festival 2015 (Chester) (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Would you like to spend Easter with us camping a few yards from the centre of Chester? On the racecourse? Of course you would. We've been here a few times now and it really is a good way to spend the Easter break. Your rally Marshals this year are Carol and Eddie.

CamperFest runs alongside the Chester Food and Drink Festival, located right in the heart of Chester, on the beautiful Chester Racecourse. This unique camping event that runs every Easter is hugely popular.

Where else can you camp in a city centre? Let alone one as beautiful as Chester on Easter weekend and enjoy so many great events?

As part of your stay you are invited to visit Easter’s largest Food, Drink & Lifestyle Festival for FREE, a foodie heaven right on your doorstep. All this plus the incredibly scenic and historic city of Chester with it’s homely local bars, unique award winning bistros, great pubs and restaurants. Did you know in a recent poll Americans voted it the 5th best city in the World?

The Chester Food, Drink & Lifestyle Festival is ranked the third largest Food & Drink Festival in the UK of its type. The event runs alongside CamperFest, from 4th – 6th April 2015, situated in the centre of Chester Racecourse and set against the back drop of both the city and the amazing Roman Walls.
During your visit why not take a short drive to some local family attractions such as; Chester Zoo, the breathtaking Chester Cathedral, The adventurous Crocky Trail and the Marine delights of the Blue Planet Aquarium, all within twenty minutes of your Easter home. Or just soak up the surroundings of the River Dee, the Cheshire plains and the superb North Wales Coast.

What is included in your ticket?
Camping for 4 nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday) on the Chester Racecourse.
FREE entry to the 3 day Chester Food, Drink & Lifestyle Festival (Saturday, Sunday & Monday).
FREE entry to all CamperFest events & activities.
Shower, toilet & water facilities.

It costs just £40 per person for the for whole Easter period, kids are a Tenner. Dogs are welcome in the camping area and race course but are not allowed into the food festival. However Funsters who book in before Christmas will get 20% discount on those prices.

Use this Broken Link Removed

HOW TO BOOK ON THIS RALLY
1. Call the organisers and book in 01244 405 615 OR visit their website and book online
2. Once booked Let us know you are coming by posting in this thread
3. Broken Link Removed for the Rally Marshals (y)

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The discount code to get 20% off can be Broken Link Removed

Confirmed attendees thus far are...
  1. Carol and Eddie - Rally Marshals
  2. Jim and Siân

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have just had a quick look at the booking form, it looks like the option for electrics may have been removed this year

Jim, do you know if this is the case?

If it is still available it might be worth a word of warning to any members who have not been here before, last year was somewhat disorganised (in respect of electrics) :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Count me in Jim(y)

As DavidG says - the organisers of the event are a shower - but as a Fun meet a great venue and great town with great pubs and shops etc as well as the usual great company! This was our first ever funster meet in 2014 so we shall be there to celebrate our anniversary :LOL:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I will find out about electrics, but as I said last year, I very much doubt electrics will be in our area, no matter what the organisers promise.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Jim, we are booked and have completed your form. Should be good again this year

Baz

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Did you get your 20% discount! makes it even better.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:( April bad month for me depending on how health issues go, but will definitely go to Chester and pop over to see you all one day and evening ... so will someone make me a cup of coffee please if I bring cake. ?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Daughter in law due to give birth on 10th April, so permission to travel will not be granted............

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We're in.

Thank you Carol and Eddie, for newcomers here, his one was first spotted by C&E soon after the Romans left and we've been enjoying it ever since. Well apart from one year when it was so cold we had to break the ice on the Dee to empty our cassettes and do our washing.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Daughter in law due to give birth on 10th April, so permission to travel will not be granted............

Congratulations, spooky two of my babies were born on April 10th. Eldest daughter was not too happy with a baby brother for her sixth birthday, she wanted a trampoline!

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
:( April bad month for me depending on how health issues go, but will definitely go to Chester and pop over to see you all one day and evening ... so will someone make me a cup of coffee please if I bring cake. ?

We will all put kettle on for you Joy when you arrive with your cake(y) hope all is well with you

Sue x

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

No problem. :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This will be our first event, please be gentle ;)

An excellent start. Chester is great, ancient city with walls, ghosts, Roman remains and boat trips all within easy walking distance. We've bought some amazing new meat experiences there, like ostrich. Unfortunately I've forgotten the others so we'll by guessing again.

Cheeses, loads of cheeses.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Booked & Form Filled In

(y)

Sue & Eric

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
I have just had a quick look at the booking form, it looks like the option for electrics may have been removed this year
Jim, do you know if this is the case?
If it is still available it might be worth a word of warning to any members who have not been here before, last year was somewhat disorganised (in respect of electrics) :)
(y) Contacted them today and yes option for Electric will be available in next few days( or you can fill the existing form and phone back later to add ) :(
As Jim says If same as last year, nowhere near the main group of Funsters:oops:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
(y) Contacted them today and yes option for Electric will be available in next few days( or you can fill the existing form and phone back later to add ) :(
As Jim says If same as last year, nowhere near the main group of Funsters:oops:

(y)(y)
Thank you for that, we wouldn't book electrics again ourselves, my question was really meant as a heads up to anybody who had not been before, having suffered the unexpected separation from the main body of funsters last year, which was our first ever rally

We were nervous about flat batteries etc, not to mention the numerous references to how cold it had been in 2013, so completely missed any reference made to not being with the main group if we had electrics

Made twice as bad by paying something like £15 / night for something we now know we don't really need

It is a shame that anybody needing power for recharge will have no option but to join the general camping area, although it might be hoped that the organisers realised their mistake last year and hopefully will at least put MHFsters needing / wanting electrics together in the general camping area

All that said we had a great time, now know through experience that batteries will last quite well for a few days off power (with solar panel now fitted at least) and that our gas heating is far more efficient than the electric option, so are able to join the rufty tufty (we don't use heating) main group

So after all that apparent negativity, which it wasn't meant to be (just advice to new ralliers from a first yearer myself) we are booked for next year, really looking forward to it, probably like others it will quite likely be the first time in 2015 that we remeet many funsters met for the first time this year (y)

edit - booked and form done Carol, please feel free to stick me in the naughty corner :D

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
A fab time was had last year. Count us in. It will be eight weeks before my retirement!

Lorraine x

PS did I mention that I am retiring on May 29th next year??

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
just looked at booking this but at £122. 48 for us three dont think its gonna happen :(

Kate have you taken the 20% off! could be 5 nights if we can get Monday night as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back