Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
No problem. We saw a full size dustbin wagon when we went over. Would have to be prepared to give way i place but there are places you can pass.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Fantastic place. The pass isn't a problem and just remember the locals travel down at a good pace so be prepared.
There are a few areas to wildcamp and the campsite in the village is also nice. We
travel out of the village about 2 miles to a nice parking area on the left, that
should be fine. Just a few yards from the beach, enjoy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Anyone wildcamped there, and could a Scout (MH not the boys !!) make it over "The Pass of The Cattle ??":whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

We went over in our van, a bit tight in places, theres a sleepyspot at where Monty Halls had his bothy, big carpark, of an evening you can watch the deer walking across the beach, or go for a walk up the hills and find a set of antlers, I did. 57°28'29.20"N
5°51'53.24"W. enjoy. :thumb:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Yes go for it . Scenery amazing but just take your time as said narrow !! Three of the French motorhome group we took to Scotland took their vans over and said it is the best scenery they had ever seen. :Smile:

dysdera

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
newbiw
No problem

No problem getting our motorhome over it. Although it is not huge (Elddis Autoquest 100) it was no big deal getting over the pass. A couple of the hairpins are a little tight but we even saw a medium size coach go over ( at a fair speed I may add ).

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We went over in our van, a bit tight in places, theres a sleepyspot at where Monty Halls had his bothy, big carpark, of an evening you can watch the deer walking across the beach, or go for a walk up the hills and find a set of antlers, I did. 57°28'29.20"N

You missed the - off the 5 Ray ........ I was in the N Sea off Norway :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Bealach Na Ba.jpg
    Bealach Na Ba.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
Stunning area, not to be missed.

We wild camp at the end of the bay and walk round to the pub - where you will notice they have flags for your table to show where your from, Sweden, brazil, USA etc etc, but no flag of St. George so we pick a French flag and talk in a french accent, silly game but we like it.

As for the drive over the top, we have a twin tag Kon Tiki and it getsthere er the top with a couple of shuffles back and too on the hair pins.

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Been there a few times years ago its a beautiful place. The pass is ok wen winter ends ::bigsmile: I stayed at an outdoor persuits centre owned then by golden virginia just up the road from the village, and remember a few spots to stop off the road there. Its on my list to go back to now ive got a mh.

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Update !! Get a grip Ray !!

You missed the - off the 5 Ray ........ I was in the N Sea off Norway :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for that ! Just converted into decimals, fired up Google Earth and had a dip in the oggin !! What should the co-ordinates be ????:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Last edited:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks for that ! Just converted into decimals, fired up Google Earth and had a dip in the oggin !! What should the co-ordinates be ????:Cool::Cool::Cool:

According to google earth Monty Halls carpark

57°28'29.20"N
5°51'53.24"W

Attachments

• Monty Hall.jpg
    Monty Hall.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Patience wins !!!

I think I've found it on G.Earth :Cool: Is it North of Applecross then off left and car park immediately on right !:thumb:

If so, what is the building on the shore with a Helo landing pad !:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

When are you planning to go up there ! Mini meet perhaps ????

EDIT......Just furkled a bit ! sign says M.o.D !!! no vehicular access ! We will definately stop over there for a bit !

Last edited:
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Don't miss the Applecross Bay prawns at the Applecross Inn - lovely food! You may have to share a table, but it's worth it. Also afternoon tea in the Walled Garden. We loved it there. The campsite is very good too with visiting deer! However, fill up with fuel before you go... the pump in the village was self service and money-operated and was VERY expensive!

Catherine

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Loch Slappin