Apple Mac, Laptop and iPhone owners should read this. (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
These updates have appeared as normal so there's no good reason for anyone to miss them. (y)

I was thinking that there hadn't been an iOS update for ages so I'd say this one is more or less on schedule. OS X looks after itself in the background for the most part. I'll check a Mac shortly but I'd be surprised if it's not already done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Gromett, iPad and one Mac laptop to do then but unfortunately our other Mac laptop is too old to update any more. It still keeps running well though so I use it with care.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks @Gromett Is the linked site a reputable one, and is it worth signing up to its newsletter?
? The register? It is a tabloid like tech news site. Not worth subscribing to to be honest unless you are into tech stuff with a bit of childish humour and tabloid headlines.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Must be a major one for OS X, it needs a restart. That only happens 2 or 3 times a year.

Doing my phone and iPad now as well rather than wait for the auto installs tonight.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks Gromett, I hadn't noticed this update waiting to be actioned on either my phone or pad. Will check my Mac too.

Don't feel bad. They're literally just popping up now.

I checked my Mac about 25 minutes ago and it wasn't there. It appeared about 5 minutes after that. Same with iOS, it's not been there long enough to have flagged yet.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have done my phone and ipad so thanks Karl.(y)

I didn't get the usual notification from Apple it was just sitting there on settings.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Cheers for the info - did the I pad approx an hour ago but wasn't aware of the update.

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
How do you check if this needs doing as I have an Apple IPad Pro, and I'm not very technical with this.
John.
Click on Settings (the gear wheel), then General (also the gear wheel in a different place) then Software Update. It will tell you if one is available.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back