Apple inc

Discussion in 'Computers' started by irnbru, Aug 20, 2016.

1. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

My old laptop recently broke so after using windows for many years I decided to buy a mac.

For me it all seemed very strange at first trying to navigate my way around.

Soon found out that apple do FREE workshops . I have gone to three already and I only purchased it 5 days ago.

Anyone can go no matter how long you have had your purchase. You can also pop in to the genius bar for free help with a problem.

All the staff seem very knowledgeable ,helpful and friendly.

Yes the macbook wasnt cheap but here I can see one of the reasons it costs more.

Well done Apple. Very impressed.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Xabia

Xabia Funster

Times two. I bought an iMac a month ago after getting fed up with Windows 10. Thought it would be a long and steep learning curve - it wasn't. Took advantage of their online training and am very impressed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

These posts contradict each other ... if its so easy to use WHY do you need to go to workshops! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. irnbru

Who said it was easy :)

Like anything, things are only easy when you know how.:LOL:

Tuition for me is the key..along with the youtube tutorials if I forget things. Face to face tuition is great though cos you can ask the Qs.

5. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

If you've always been a Windows drone then a few workshops are a good idea to break the brainwashing and ease you in to a different, much easier, much more intuitive way of working.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I've had a mac in the past but much prefer Windows ... the only thing I liked about the mac was the little eyeballs that 'watched' your cursor as you moved around the screen! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. NickNic

The service level is better than fantastic. In the very unlikely event you have a problem or breakage with the device, no matter how old it is, they will look after you. They generally ignore the actual warranty period and will help you at any time as long as you go to them first.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NickNic

I've only got one Windows machine left at work that I can't dump. It acts solely as a print server for one of my machines because the software involved isn't available for any other platform.

It's hidden in a corner where nobody important is ever likely to see it

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. NickNic

You can all laugh. (y)

I'm my industry if anyone ever found out that I was using any Micro$oft products I'd be a laughing stock. :unsure: Nobody would ever take me seriously again :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. irnbru

I was speaking to one of the staff about this yesterday as I was asking why a well known store can give £100 back and Apple don't. The guy was explaining in Scotland the consumer rights is 5 yrs so if a product was faulty within this period Apple would fix it no quibbles whereas with a well known store I might have to prove the fault existed at time of purchase. Fingers crossed it doesn't go faulty for me.:)

11. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I was day dreaming about buying a new tablet the other day and was reading some reviews of the Google Pixel C and the iPad Air 2. There doesn't seem to be a lot in it between them in the 32Gb size but I am very tempted by the iPad because you can run a version of Adobe Lightroom on it which looks much better than the Lightroom Mobile you can get for Android. I must confess to being tempted and the choice now is between a new tablet (probably iPad) or a Macro lens for my camera - as both are about the same price. :)

12. irnbru

Not to mention the help supplied for whatever tasks you want to do.

I am attending the video editing and also photos workshops and really enjoying them. :)

• Like Like x 1