Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not seen that one before either ... are you sure you haven't been a naughty boy??? :D

Reactions: Nik

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Don't open the attachment.
Delete from your inbox and then from your trash.
All looks very fishy.
If you have not had any reason to be expecting a court appearance, Civil or Criminal then this looks like a scam to me.
Report it to your e-mail provider as I have done for other such scams previously.
regards
Nik.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
They are becoming more sophisticated, using a source that is feasible, and grabs your attention, such as Apple, Amazon etc and also adding legitimacy by using your name. The attachment if clicked on will probably contain a self executing zip file that will then load onto your computer

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't open the attachment. Delete from your inbox and then from you trash.
All looks very fishy.
If you have not had any reason to be expecting a court appearance, Civil or Criminal then this looks like a scam to me.
Report it to your e-mail provider as I have done for other such scams previously.
regards
Nik.
Definitely a scam ... no way would anything like this be issued via email!

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Definitely a scam ... no way would anything like this be issued via email!
Having been involved with the process of arranging court appearances I know that this is not how it's done. Unless, of course, there has been significant change in the last 2 years.
regards
Nik.

OP
OP
Electraglide
Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
Don't open the attachment.
Delete from your inbox and then from your trash.
All looks very fishy.
regards
Nik.
Give AOL their due it was in the spam box. I never open attachments unless I know who it is from but thanks for the warning

OP
OP
Electraglide
Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
Ne
Not seen that one before either ... are you sure you haven't been a naughty boy??? :D
Never been to court except for jury service and maintaining their heating systems. Would not mind doing jury service again now that i have retired, enjoyed it.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive often thought how i dont seem to get the pishing stuff others do till i read this and looked in spam full of them g mails filters definitely work

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Given the appearance date surprised it isn't SWALK!!!:whistle:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
All I get in AOL is ones I allow, spam is always empty unlike Hotmail which is regularly spammed with phishing emails non stop, some how that email addy got onto the open market

I would be a billionaire many times over and sexed to death on the offers!!

Peter

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
ive often thought how i dont seem to get the pishing stuff others do till i read this and looked in spam full of them g mails filters definitely work
Ditto on iPad mail, had 121 in the junk file since Wednesday , never ever looked in it before.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Had a similar one supposedly from the DVLA regarding my "TAX DISC refund"-details per the attachment-went straight in the bin -dodgy address and no I haven't applied for a refund.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Can't think of anything or anyone that would just send you an email offering you money back that you didn't know about or court appearance , or a lottery win that you have not entered, or anyone about anything asking for any sort of details, all spam,

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
It'll be in Nigeria...

Hey, don't knock Nigeria - I've recently inherited $2.4 million from a Nigerian uncle I never knew existed. Just waiting for the bank transfer to arrive.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I found the best way with the email is not to turn it on.(y)
Then when you do turn it on delete everything that isn't from the wife.:)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Could this be a joke by a colleague/friend or wo betide your loved one ?
hinting that you have neglected him/her for a number of years, treated them with disdain, abused their good nature, forgotten birthdays, anniversaries, Xmasses and worst, other valentines days.
Could this be a subtle hint that you are to bring your evidence (Chocolates/roses/diamond necklace/lingerie/blue pills) on the 14th and be presented at their Court?

I put this forward as a possible theory as i got one.

I preferred everyone else's theory and put it in the spam box and will take my own risks (again)

OP
OP
Electraglide
Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
Could this be a joke by a colleague/friend or wo betide your loved one ?
hinting that you have neglected him/her for a number of years, treated them with disdain, abused their good nature, forgotten birthdays, anniversaries, Xmasses and worst, other valentines days.
Could this be a subtle hint that you are to bring your evidence (Chocolates/roses/diamond necklace/lingerie/blue pills) on the 14th and be presented at their Court?

I put this forward as a possible theory as i got one.

I preferred everyone else's theory and put it in the spam box and will take my own risks (again)

Mmmm food for thought, in 47 years I have never bought her a card, flowers or chocolates for Valentines Day, never forgot our anniversary or birthday though.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
There are two other scams on the increase this week, if our email at work is anything to go by.

One states you are guilty of a parking offence and urges you to click to view the evidence. The other says that items have been added to your public record and again urges you to click to view them.

Some people are daft enough to click these. One chap was close to clicking the parking one but thought he'd ask me first. The link was to a website in Russia.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back