App for Singers/ Guitarists

Discussion in 'Computers' started by MickyP, Oct 8, 2013.

1. MickyP

MickyP Funster

Having treated myself to a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 I searched Play Store for loads of useful android apps to load it up. I now use it for everything great bit of kit but unknown to me there was an app waiting I never new about its called "Lyric Pad" this is proving to be very useful, as I play guitar and sing (try) most days purely hobby and odd "Open Mic Night"
    This app allows you to load type in lyrics and chords then you can program it to scroll at the correct speed (bpm) the chords are highlighted and the big bonus the font can be increased so i can read the lyrics and chords without my reading Glasses.
    I am now in the process of building up my songbook in the Lyric pad which can then be organised in to sets.
    Another very useful feature is you can put MP3 Backing tracks in the programme and link them to the Lyrics. I don't normally use backing but its a nice to have.
    Am going to modify my large music stand to hold the little Tablet.
    Probably the most useful app I have so far.
    Anyone else used this app?
    Mick

• Like Like x 4
  2. martin1485

martin1485 Funster

Not that particular one but I do use "On Song" on my Ipad which sounds similar. That has a scrolling feature together with a synchronised play back of pre recorded songs off iTunes to practice along with and a stage light feature which dims the screen to make it easier to see in a low light. All very useful stuff to increase the repertoire beyond that which you can remember well enough to perform in public. Good luck with it - maybe see you with your guitar at one of the Funsters meets?

3. Gooney

Gooney Funster

I did hear Eric Clapton relies quite heavily on that app:Laughing:

4. makems

makems Funster Life Member

Hi Martin. I've been looking at OnSong and thinking of buying it. Does the auto scrolling work well? I don't really want to have to use my hands to scroll but worry about getting ahead or behind of the scrolling.

MickeyP -I had a look in Apple App Store but couldn't find lyric pad. Maybe it's android only?

Mike

5. martin1485

martin1485 Funster

6. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

I never cease to be amazed at IT advancements :BigGrin: How long before symphony orchestras just have i-pads instead of music :thumb:

Mike

7. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

Hi Mike, the OnSong auto scroll lets you set the song lenght or you can get a foot pedal to do the scrolling manually. Loading any song from the tinternet takes seconds. This is the future and it's Bye Bye to the old song folders :BigGrin:

Richard

8. SteveandDenise

SteveandDenise Funster

I Pad

As I am new to all this technology. Can you get an app for musical score ie notaion ?
    steve

9. MickyP

MickyP Funster

Mike perhaps it it Andriod only? and Apple have their own? the licenced version of Lyric pad cost about £5

Mick

Martin
    Yes would love to join in on a Music meet trouble is don't get any in my area (Murcia Spain

The more i use the app the more i like it, spent more time recently with the App than the Guitar?

Great that I can just copy Lyric straight in as a Plain Text then tidy up saves a lot of Typing? One day I will get all my stuff on there, will save lugging lots of folders about.