LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Best wishes for a compleat recovery very soon...

& good luck(y)

OP
OP
APACHE 1988

APACHE 1988

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
WISBECH FENLAND
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL APACHE
Exp
3 YEARS
All signs of infection gone. Blood Tests booked for early next week and (hopefully) final chest X Ray. Just needs to get her strength back up with healthy eating and sunshine..... that is where Effy comes into her own. Two fairly local sites with fishing and decent eateries. Just need the weather!! Later in the year could be looking at North Norfolk and then possibly " Up North"...Scarborough perhaps. Denise is from Yorkshire stock and we have relatives in Doncaster and Scunthorpe so we could travel up in stages. Will be looking for some recommendations for sites in that direction. Thanks again for the support...much appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
All signs of infection gone. Blood Tests booked for early next week and (hopefully) final chest X Ray. Just needs to get her strength back up with healthy eating and sunshine..... that is where Effy comes into her own. Two fairly local sites with fishing and decent eateries. Just need the weather!! Later in the year could be looking at North Norfolk and then possibly " Up North"...Scarborough perhaps. Denise is from Yorkshire stock and we have relatives in Doncaster and Scunthorpe so we could travel up in stages. Will be looking for some recommendations for sites in that direction. Thanks again for the support...much appreciated.

what sort of sites?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Glad Denise is on the road to recovery. Hope it continues apace.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Good to hear Denise is on the mend:) if anyone knows what DBK's on I'll have a pint of that...maybe not:sick:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Glad to hear your wife is on the mend & hope she soon feels 100%.

Hope you get chance to see Malta in better circumstances too - we love the place:)

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
Good to hear Denise is on the mend:) if anyone knows what DBK's on I'll have a pint of that...maybe not:sick:

Possibly @Minxy Girl and other @DBK [who I don't know] bashers on this thread misunderstood his post...

Maybe what he meant was that he didn't understand why @DavidG58 felt the need to search back though posts to discover and post something irrelevant when all that was needed was to offer a sincere "get well soon" message to Denise...

If so then I understand why he is unwilling to expand on his post...the bashers just wouldn't get it.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Really sorry to hear your news and glad she's on the mend. Look after her and hope to meet you on your travels on the future x

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
... Maybe what he meant was that he didn't understand why @DavidG58 felt the need to search back though posts to discover and post something irrelevant when all that was needed was to offer a sincere "get well soon" message to Denise...

If so then I understand why he is unwilling to expand on his post...the bashers just wouldn't get it.:rolleyes:

There's not much fun in just a simple and sincere get well is there?:)

Tonight's star prize winner! :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Possibly @Minxy Girl and other @DBK [who I don't know] bashers on this thread misunderstood his post...

Maybe what he meant was that he didn't understand why @DavidG58 felt the need to search back though posts to discover and post something irrelevant when all that was needed was to offer a sincere "get well soon" message to Denise...

Really ... if that was his intention perhaps HE could have put it more kindly. If I'm to be classed as a "basher" then I'm quite happy with that as it appears that I'm in good company as many others thought exactly the same as we did about what DBK said.

So ... henceforth I, and the others, are to be known as members of the 'funster basher institute' ... aka the FBI :D

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
Being "in good company" doesn't mean you are right...

If you'd like to be known as the FBI then why not :cool:...but surely you can't include "the others" into your "company" without their agreement...?

Unless you have many aliases....?!:eek::D

PS ...apologies to Denise for OT post..

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Being "in good company" doesn't mean you are right...

If you'd like to be known as the FBI then why not :cool:...but surely you can't include "the others" into your "company" without their agreement...?

Unless you have many aliases....?!:eek::D

PS ...apologies to Denise for OT post..
Not sure what you're 'trying' to do Andrew but I'm attempting to 'lighten' the mood on this thread and not dwell on 'differences of opinion' or take things too seriously.

FBI Mel & Co ... :D

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ahh but you see @DavidG58 was being relevant because the OP was, as the title of the thread makes clear, apologising in his original post at maybe missing some meets that he had booked on. @DavidG58 was only trying to reassure him that he had nothing to worry on that front. And, by the way, the first sentence of his post did offer a sincere best wishes message as well.

I have not knocked any body in this thread so far, just supported people who were trying to help.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
(y)
WTF for the second two paragraphs? I know it may come as a shock but some folk have a life outside this forum and don't feel it necessary to report every bowel movement. What on earth inspired you to write something like that after the OP's opening statement on the background about his wife's illness?

And of for @APACHE 1988 I hope everything works out for your other half. Best wishes. :)

How ironic that it would seem Andrews opinion of my post was that it was irrelevant, but that he didn't even feel a need to add any comment to the OP, just a rant, even DBK (who we now think shared Andrews opinion on irrelevance) fired off with a rant but then added good wishes at the end

I hope I caused no offence to the OP and feel I would do exactly the same again, but maybe need to explain why I was doing it

Really pleased to hear that Denise is now mostly over the whole episode (y)

OP
OP
APACHE 1988

APACHE 1988

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
WISBECH FENLAND
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL APACHE
Exp
3 YEARS
Sorry to have been the cause of so much conflict. Not going to comment on the dispute as I see both sides.

I have got the three dayDAYk Bank Holiday off from my part time job and will be spending it getting "Effy" ready to roll and hopefully we will get a few days away at the end of May. Probably just to Denver ( Norfolk) where I can sit and fish within easy shouting distance of the van and there is a pub that does decent food only a short taxi ride away. Denise continues to gain strength but she is very tired and I have to keep an eye on her so that she does not over exert herself.

OP
OP
APACHE 1988

APACHE 1988

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
WISBECH FENLAND
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL APACHE
Exp
3 YEARS
Debs; We love Malta as well and have had a holiday there 12 years out of the last 16!! Most years we went in March to celebrate our wedding anniversary but occasionally we went in the summer and gave a grand child a treat. We usually stayed at Qwara or Sleima.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back