Anyone Visited Villefranche De Conflent? (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We are currently at Sainte Marie and debating whether to deviate inland to the free Aire at Casteil so we can cycle to Vernet les Bains and the walled city of Villefranche de Conflent. Have any of you been? Is it worth the detour? Any input appreciated (y)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Villefranche is a interesting (smallish) walled town. There is a free aire in nearby Vernet-les-bains. It is described as having two levels, but the top level has been restricted to use by the fire service only. (Pumping water out of the river). Therefore the aire's capacity is restricted to approx 8 or 9 vans.

But for me (I visited end of may this year) the highlight was the 'Little yellow train' (station only a couple of hundred metres from the walled town). I travelled by train up to Mont Louis and spent a very enjoyable 5 hours there. The scenery from the train is stunning.

ps...the artisan ice cream parlour in Villefranche was visited a number times:giggle:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Villefranche is a interesting (smallish) walled town. There is a free aire in nearby Vernet-les-bains. It is described as having two levels, but the top level has been restricted to use by the fire service only. (Pumping water out of the river). Therefore the aire's capacity is restricted to approx 8 or 9 vans.

But for me (I visited end of may this year) the highlight was the 'Little yellow train' (station only a couple of hundred metres from the walled town). I travelled by train up to Mont Louis and spent a very enjoyable 5 hours there. The scenery from the train is stunning.

ps...the artisan ice cream parlour in Villefranche was visited a number times:giggle:
That's great thanks, just what I was hoping. Was looking at the Little Yellow train yesterday, very tempting!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back