Anyone visited Camping Saint Jean (1 Viewer)

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
Hello
Planning to spend a couple of days around the Verdon gorge area about the 9th June. We hope to use the ACSI card and found this site.
Has anyone used it before or can reccomend anything better in your opinon.
Needs to be close to the water to keep the mrs happy where she can take a dip to cool off.:thumb:

Link Removed

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Thanks for that site we will be down that way at the same time. Any other suggestions will be gladly received.

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi Lumarman.
We plan to leave the uk on the 7th June and make our way down to Verdon, stop off on a aire on route somewhere for some shut eye. No idea where as we have never been abroad in the MH before. Spent few weeks around this area with the Army doing some adventure training. Lovely area and the lake is nice for a dip in. Depending what the weather and sites are like depends how long we stick about. We aim to head for the coast after this, no sites booked just see how it goes.
Using the 2010 ACSI card where possible and the aires.

What route do you plan to take regarding toll roads? Do you avoid them? Any idea what the cost would be for them?
Never been in this neck of the woods before so not much idea:thumb:
Here is another campsite bit closer to the lake i think

http://www.camping-la-source.eu/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
There is aires in this area but i do not have my book with me. I am in Turkey with work so dont have it with me.

cornishgail

Free Member
Dec 17, 2009
sunny[sometimes] Cornwall
Funster No
MH
self conversion
Exp
10yrs
verdun gorges and lake

we went thro the gorges of verdun last sept 09 and found it to be very spectacular but also totally terrifying [hubby says challenging!]. We have a relatively small camper -peugeot boxer- and had travelled over every pass in the Alps but the gorges were altogether different driving; meeting bigger motor caravans in opposite directio they would be hugging the middle of the road to avoid looking --or driving over edge so we would be forced to skin the cliffside to avoid collision; the belgians seem to be the worst offenders. One brit in front of us got slower and slower -eventually down to 5mph before he swerved off into a passing spot obviously in complete terror.!!
Stayed at beginning of gorge at Domaine Chasteuil Provence [under castellane in CCC] right by rushing river with lots of trees for shade-excellent place but could be busy in summer; at the lake hired a pedal boat and went back into the gorge which was a much better way to see them!! A definite must do if you are at the lake; stayed at camp municipale Bauden for 11-44 euros with electricity lovely but not near the lake as those camps were horrendously expensive.
All in all wonderful experience going thro the gorges but now done that and don't want to repeat!!

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
You have me thinking now about the overhangs on the cliffs:whatthe:, couple of narrow tunnels as well i think, we did it in a minibus last time and that was bad enough. Not a route to be rushed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back