1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

Anyone using one of these? Seems to good to be true?

Discussion in 'MOTORHOME ACCESSORIES' started by Trikeman, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

2 people like this.
  2. busby

busby Funster

Bought one cheaper than that of AMAZON, £48, twin camera, voice control, loaded with apps. Had it four weeks, brilliant. BUSBY:BigGrin:

1 person likes this.
  3. gradyp

gradyp Funster

I've just bought my third. First one I bought for myself , took me all round France (my 1st trip on the continent) and was faultless , never sent down daft roads , even with toll roads turned off. Takes post codes and co-ordinates if known
    Just bought 2 more for my dad and me son for xmas.

4. oldmanriver

oldmanriver Funster

yes bought of ebay £58 used it alongside another at first in case no good but is always good and free map updates for life, now how much does tomtom charge for that ?

5. callumwa

callumwa Funster

Do you have a link....?

1 person likes this.
  6. callumwa

callumwa Funster

Looks the same one, also listed as from Glasgow....

£53.98

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120943822835&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120943822835&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  7. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

no, but having looked at the 71 bad feedback responses in one month I would suggest buying elsewhere

8. GJH

GJH Funster

If you search navibuzz (the seller) on this forum you will find several discussions with points for and against.

9. busby

busby Funster

Sorry jumped the gun. Thought it was a tablet. I should learn to engage my brain more. Story of my life at school. BUSBY:Smile:

1 person likes this.
  10. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Bought similar from this company last year used through Spain, France, Italy and back again. Worked ok, led us astray couple of times down inappropriate roads but generally it performed ok. For the money it ain't bad but maps seriously out of date and, for me, "lifetime" upgrade link did not work. After sales staff at Navibuzz in Glasgow knew even less about the unit than I did.

Have a look at the past thread on this subject

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/gps-navigation/68868-7-truck-sat-nav-story-so-far.html

Regards, Bryan

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

Just read Ebay reviews and one says that the maps cannot be updated yet the seller mentioned at the start of thread advertises free update.

1 person likes this.
  12. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Had the one from Navibuzz (pretty sure it's the same thing or very similar) and very pleased with it.

Wyn

1 person likes this.
  13. jaytee74

jaytee74 Funster

anyone using one of these

bought one last week road tested it comes up perfect free europe maps for life but i only paid £48.00 of pnavi on ebay. BUT if you go to ALIBABA and ask for quotes you can buy direct from china for as little as $36.00 USdollars if you order in quantities of 5s or 10s i sent enquiry 3 weeks ago and got over 10 replys from different manufacturers quoting to supply 1s 5s 10s and hundreds or thousands prices getting progressivly lower and lower on each quote. $36usd works out at about £21.00. must repeat it does everything it says on the label. jt

14. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

Well, in the end I thought for £50.00 (went direct) I would give it a go, I looked at it as if its naff I will use the screen as an additional video screen/hands free - I have my original TT so will run side by side and evaluate.

I will report back on the findings, still have my eye on the TomTom Camper but for nearly £400 (the live is still only for a year and I have heard some 'issues' with that one too) I thought I would give this one a chance, at least.

I take the point of 70+ negatives on ebay however the negatives are primarily for other things like dresses etc. Of all the satnav specific feedbacks there are only one or two issues - not too bad against thousands of positives. I think with high turnover businesses some negative feedback is inevitable.

I'll keep interested Funsters abreast of the happenings once (IF) :Laughing: it gets here.

Regards,

Trikeman.:Wink:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. Philcott

Philcott

I've been using one for nearly a year now - prefer it to my tomtom actually! Doesn't take me down silly roads like the tom tom truck one does sometimes! I haven't tried to update it yet - so will be interested to hear what you think of it.

16. lou020

lou020 Funster

Tried to update mine,very complicated, so did'nt bother.
    the instructions navibuzz sent me were even more complicated.
    even harder to put music on it.
    I still prefer to use the tomtom.

17. Jim et Lou

Jim et Lou Funster

Good bit of kit

As I said in another thread' I have used one of these for the last 2 years and had no problems. They do not have post code finder.:thumb:

18. ukbill

ukbill Funster

bought mine in 2012 took me all round france spain portugal germany poland Czech and loads of places in the uk without a hitch got mine from china and the customer service is also great

mine also has postcode finder and poi campsites

2 people like this.
  19. gradyp

gradyp Funster

I thought it did not have Post Code option but they do. It is not obvious but when you click on "town" you can enter the post code here

1 person likes this.
  20. kglblue

kglblue Funster

Sat nav for lorries

We bought one last year from an eBay seller. Made in China, not only is it a sat nav, it's also a tablet computer and video/audio player. We don't use the latter only the sat nav. We key in the dimensions of our van and all unsuitable roads are avoided. It works well, we think it's brilliant and only £65, we no longer use the more expensive tomtom. We have one criticism, because it's for lorries, and lorries have speed restrictions, as well of rules for drivers to take official breaks, you get a lot of nagging for driving too fast and for too long. It's irritating but it's worth putting up with cos the gadget is much better for motor homers than an ordinary sat nav. Definitely recommended.

It does do post codes for the uk and the continent, it's very good for finding French aires using the latitude and longitude given in the vicarious aires book.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.