Anyone used one of these?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Madmark62, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Madmark62

Madmark62 Read Only Funster

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150514056658?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If so do they actually work as good as they say they do?
    I am getting to the stage where i will be needing to replace the battery bank on the boat(6 batteries at 110ah, I am thinking of increasing the capacity next time), but i am a bit skint for a few months yet, so I was wondering if this gadget would give me anymore life in the old ones?
    Thanks
    Mark

2. Madmark62

Madmark62 Read Only Funster

I take it thats a No then, oh well I may just have a gamble on it!!!

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Never tried it but I suppose it is worth a gamble, be warned seller is not in the UK

Peter

4. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

If you check most battery maintainer chargers do supply 'pulses' to the battery to desulphate it anyway. Have a look at a few home brands, and look at the specs on these before ordering.:thumb:

5. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

You will get hit for duty if buying from Australia

You might want to look at the UK market, otherwise you will get hit on duty buying it from Australia.

Sterling have a range of equipment that will do the same work.. regret more expensive, but I am sure you can hunt about for a cheaper option.

Bob

6. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

7. davidallan

davidallan Funster

a bit late in seeing the original Q..but YES

:Smile: Sorry to all previous Funsters but just bumped into this old Post whilst searching for Self switching split chargers....:Sad:

However I have had one of these 'Pulse-de-suplhating gadgets' and it is still connected to my 240ah Batteries. Bought it from Oz land some 4/5 yrs ago and it seems to be doing its work.. and it has been permanently connected ever since. The 2 led's show a 'fault' or 'all is ok' or 'Testing' etc..
    The only Negative to this original Ebay link is that I am 99.99999% sure I paid more for it back then..:cry::cry:

PS My wife Liz just noticed me writing this response and as usual said .." I told you back then to wait and see if you can get it cheaper" ?!?:Eeek:
    Hope this helps...

8. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

at the end of the day pulse desulphation units like in the op are only capacitors and a charge circuit. I would be more concerned that the pulses or voltage spikes it creates could damage sensitive equipment powered from the battery

9. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

We built one from a kit from Courtistown Leisure. They advertise on evilbay and we have had quite a lot of success with it. They do de sulphate but they are better at keeping a battery bank from getting sulphated if you follow my drift.

• Like Like x 1