Anyone used Dürrwang + Mörlein Hymer Dortmund, Germany ? (1 Viewer)

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Has any Funsters used
Dürrwang + Mörlein Hymer
In Dortmund, Germany to buy a motorhome ?
If so how was your experience ?
If negative and you don't want to go public please PM me.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Do you mean Duemo in Dulmen near Dortmund.

Amongst other marques, they are Pheonix dealers. I was impressed with the Duemo guy on the Pheonix stand at Dusseldorf, very knowledgeable and professional. However the visit was very dissapointing. The place was miles from Dulmen (even further from Dortmund) and a right game to get to. When we arrived it was absolutely rammed with PVC's - so much so it was difficult to park (and Im good at parking). We had arranged to be there to see a used pheonix, but when we finally got somebody to talk to us in reception they told us that their Pheonix guy was not there and could we come back, finally got us the keys then abandoned us. Unlike any experience we ve ever had in a German Mh dealer. Terrible!

The vehicle was not bad but I was suspicious it was an ex rental and it wasnt quite what we wanted.

Would I go there again? I would need a very very compelling reason.

Jon

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
No, Duerrwang and Moerlein is a different dealership. Haven't used them but they have a good reputation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
2016 Hymer, Adria
Yep, I bought our LHD Hymer MLI from Durrwang; they gave us a good quote against a written spec; they took a reasonable deposit; were good at responding to queries; arranged an effective handover including export plates and temporary insurance to get us home; we felt the handover could have been longer but that was as much our inexperience with some of the basics; they repaid our vat as soon as the UK vat receipt and registration V5 were produced. The chap who assisted us throughout (Sebastian) spoke pretty perfect english ( many times better than I spoke German) .... so (as long as the price were right) would use them again either for new or secondhand. They are a pretty sizeable,outfit, with an impressive showroom, shop and facilities.

Hope that helps...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back