Anyone tried Limpet window alarm?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Security' started by Coolbeanz, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

2. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Seems a lot of money and if you leave the window open too much and the chain can be accessed it wouldn't take much to cut through it ... used properly it could work well though.

3. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

Good point about cutting the chain, might stick to the £2 ones on Banggood :wink:

4. Minxy Girl

Something like this could be adapted to work just as well ... as it's only the sucker that is really that different ... as it has 2 'loops' putting one on the window somehow (eg round the arm) and then the other end on a hook for example would do the same job, just without a chain - you could protect the cord that would be accessible by putting it through a narrow piece of metal tubing etc so it couldn't be easily cut, or replace that piece of cord with a chain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunny-Per...227114?hash=item35fe91af2a:g:vKsAAOSwyDxXhH45

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fletton

Fletton Funster

It says in "blurb" .... That it is a motion sensor type... So if perp opened to cut chain... One assumes he/she would be getting 100db 's in shell-like...

6. Minxy Girl

But then why the need for the chain ... there is a video on their website but I can't view it for some reason.

7. Speve

Speve Funster

There is a trembler window alarm made by Defender that goes off if window vibrates or moves so wouldn't need a chain they are not very expensive and work well the adhesive pad has sign on it telling people I down is alarmed.
    From memory We paid about £6 for each of our four windows.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Fletton

Fletton Funster

Perhaps to stop perps sticking their sticky mit through window - grabbing stuff and doing a runner?... :)

9. Bart

Bart Funster

Well you know i just had to order a few of these to try them on my windows, as i want something that is not visible from outside that would give the thief some prep time to think what he has to do as soon as he opens the window, instead hopefully they will be startled by the noise and start legging it.
    as i had looked at these the other night
    http://www.milenco.com/products/sleep-safe-alarms/
    but then seen they have "milenco alarm" plastered on the outside , and any thief familiar with this window alarm would know that the switch to turn then off is on it ( as per what i read on their webby ) and therefor yank open the window quickly and quickly just turn of the alarm at the switch.
    Either way ill not know how this other "project" works out for me until like 8 weeks as after i placed the order , realised they were coming from Hong Kong!!
    I do also appreciate that some thief's may see the word alarm and just walk onto the next target , that is why i will also stick up a few alarm stickers.

• Like Like x 1