Anyone still using the europa sim? (1 Viewer)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Hi I am lucky enough to have a europa sim that still works. Finally so peed off by the throttling I am suffering on the 3 feel at home that I have been using that instead of putting more credit on 3 I put the eurosim in. Speed by comparison is flying. Trouble is I can't remember how much a day it costs and what the daily allowance is inside and outside of Italy.

Be very gratefulif you know, many thanks Dick

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've still got one but I've only used it occasionally as Three is so much cheaper if used every day. At my usage rate the Europe sim would cost about four times a month compared to Three, for which speed varies in my experience but I've found it adequate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i still have 1 you have to change the apn for italy and its 500mg but if u go over in italy its charge for unlie anywhere the sleep just slows down

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have a europasim (somewhere) but don't use it as 3 is cheaper. The slow speed has never bothered me. Just need it for email and looking at the news and forums.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
EuropaSIM's will remain active unless you don't topup within 12 months (I would to topup at 11 months to be sure). We used ours recently on a trip through Germany/Slovenia and it worked well for us.

I'm not sure if you purchased from us or directly from EuropaSIM @Broken Link Removed but if you want to send me an e-mail via our website I'll send you our 4 page English instruction leaflet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
EuropaSIM's will remain active unless you don't topup within 12 months (I would to topup at 11 months to be sure).

Thanks Addie that's useful to know, because they charge a "delivery fee" when you top up I usually opt for the full 50 euro topup and that lasts us a good while. I can't remember when I last did it so I will make such I topup in March whether I need to or not, but maybe a lower amount.

Our EuropaSim worked well on our recent trip to the Aachen Christmas Market. The stop before and after the tunnel was at Gravelines where they offer 3 hours a day free WiFi.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Our EuropaSim worked well on our recent trip to the Aachen Christmas Market. The stop before and after the tunnel was at Gravelines where they offer 3 hours a day free WiFi.

You can topup using PayPal only via the Vodafone site here for no charge and topup as little as 5 euro here: https://ricarica.vodafone.it (this was linked to on our topup portal)

The process is made easier if you use Google Chrome on a laptop since the page is locally translated into English.

OP
OP
Glandwr

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
You can topup using PayPal only via the Vodafone site here for no charge and topup as little as 5 euro here: https://ricarica.vodafone.it (this was linked to on our topup portal)

The process is made easier if you use Google Chrome on a laptop since the page is locally translated into English.
Thanks Addie, bought from you and still have your leaflet.

Dick

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It looks like my Europasim has expired. I did use it earlier this year but haven't topped it up for over a year. I have found Three the most useful but in a couple of places there was no signal the Three card could use but the Vodaphone card did work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back