Anyone Stayed Close To Cannes Please? (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Am planning to go to the south of France this summer and want to stay in or close to Cannes. Has anyone stayed on a site there or closeby? I've been looking at a site named Camping Parc Bellvue. Unfortunately, I'm governed by the wife's work and school holidays, so will be going in August.

Grateful for any help

James

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we stayed just outside antibes which was realy nice is that to far away?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Cannes has its own small airfield , just behind aldi ! , you could fly down ?
We stay at camping du pylon next to marineland in Antibes , it will be very busy in august .

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
It's 64 kms away but there's a lovely municipal site at Menton and there are regular trains.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Great! Thanks all for your replies. Food for thought and armchair planning.

Some sites seem to have a min 7 night rule in high season and I don't want to stay that long. Will look at those suggested sites though.

As an aside, flying down would be nice @colinw but very pricey in terms of fuel and landing charges en route and at Cannes. Couldn't get budget approval from Mrs W, especially as SleazyJet could do it for a fraction of a private flight. Anyway; don't fancy the Alps in a single engined aircraft! Much better with four wheels on the ground.

Thanks again all.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's 64 kms away but there's a lovely municipal site at Menton and there are regular trains.
If you are going as far as menton there is a free aire on the old border post undercover if you get there early enough, station about fifty yards up the road.
image.jpg

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Gosh yes, I forgot all about that one. We found it the day we 'accidentally' went to Italy!

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
A friend who has an apartment in Menton told us last year that the Municipal campsite was only open for tents now due to the difficult access . I don't know if this is still the case . We had stayed there in the past and the very steep corniche type access was just about manageable in our 7.2 metre MH . Otherwise this leaves just the Aire on the Border . That particular corner of France is really difficult for finding anywhere to stay . I can only assume that they are want to keep the area so exclusive that motorhomes are considered to be far too down market .

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
The coast road from Antibes to baie des anges used to be full of motorhomes ( mostly Italian ) , but it is now prohibited , be interesting to see if it is policed , especially out of season .
There is an area you can park a couple of vans next to fort carre , antibes , but again in season it has an ice cream van on it .

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We went around this area last year, and the amount of 'camping car prohibited ' signs were everywhere, even up streets , couldn't tell if you weren't supposed to go up them or if it meant no parking , plenty ripoff campsites along the coast but France passion and aires , very far between.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back