Anyone stayed at appletreewick campsite (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Lovely spot

Yes many times.
The pub out of the site turn right also lets you stay at the back , out of the camping season though ( so as not to upset the site ) Good food and ale. Or it was up and till the last time we went . We have not been for a couple of years now.
You can walk down the river ( best safest way ) or road to the village.
We have camped in tents, caravan and motorhome there. It was a favourite along with Malham and Gordale Scar when we were courting. The kids love to go back. They spent many a happy weekend in the river , building dams and kayaking.

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Sounds good. Would you have the address please or a link?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Here you go.
Link Removed
Its a good website and they hire out those glamping huts and VW campers now. It was a lot less blingy the last time we went.:roflmto:
The shower rooms have had a complete overhaul since we were last there and look great . We normally use our own , but if we were paying to stay here we'd use these for sure. At least i would be able to wash and condition my hair in a constant flow instead of stopping and starting to save water .

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Appletreewick

Happy to recommend this site. They get very busy at weekends but there is a reasonable chance of booking mid week. Two pubs in walking distance ( downhill on the way back) serve good food and beer. You can walk to Grassington along the river and it is great walking country if that's your thing. We live in Leeds so it is a regular area for us but not always camping. The area has several interesting villages and Skipton has large market 3 times each week.

Access to the site is narrow in places best to approach from Burnsall.

Happy to provide more info if you need it. Rex

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
my daughter and son-in-law go camping there quite a lot in the summer and love it, we have only visited them for the day but were very impressed and plan to take the m/h for a long weekend soon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back