Anyone stayed at appletreewick campsite

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Nirvanauk, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

Near Grassington? I was given a good report but wondered if any funsters had opinions? Can you walk into the village from the site?
    Thanks.

2. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Lovely spot

Yes many times.
    The pub out of the site turn right also lets you stay at the back , out of the camping season though ( so as not to upset the site ) Good food and ale. Or it was up and till the last time we went . We have not been for a couple of years now.
    You can walk down the river ( best safest way ) or road to the village.
    We have camped in tents, caravan and motorhome there. It was a favourite along with Malham and Gordale Scar when we were courting. The kids love to go back. They spent many a happy weekend in the river , building dams and kayaking.

3. My Dog Likes Fishing

My Dog Likes Fishing Funster Life Member

Sounds good. Would you have the address please or a link?

4. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Here you go.
    http://www.masonscampsite.co.uk/index.html
    Its a good website and they hire out those glamping huts and VW campers now. It was a lot less blingy the last time we went.:Laughing:
    The shower rooms have had a complete overhaul since we were last there and look great . We normally use our own , but if we were paying to stay here we'd use these for sure. At least i would be able to wash and condition my hair in a constant flow instead of stopping and starting to save water .

5. REKERLY

REKERLY Funster

Appletreewick

Happy to recommend this site. They get very busy at weekends but there is a reasonable chance of booking mid week. Two pubs in walking distance ( downhill on the way back) serve good food and beer. You can walk to Grassington along the river and it is great walking country if that's your thing. We live in Leeds so it is a regular area for us but not always camping. The area has several interesting villages and Skipton has large market 3 times each week.

Access to the site is narrow in places best to approach from Burnsall.

Happy to provide more info if you need it. Rex

6. SPUD'N'T

SPUD'N'T Funster

my daughter and son-in-law go camping there quite a lot in the summer and love it, we have only visited them for the day but were very impressed and plan to take the m/h for a long weekend soon