Anyone sourced locker/hab door rubber seals for Frankias? (1 Viewer)

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
I need to renew a hab door rubber outer seal (same seal as for locker doors) for a Frankia. Continual wear from people accessing via the electrical step has abraded the part of the outer seal that runs across the hab threshold.

I have tried Frankia but they refer me to the UK dealer, who, I'm sure, will take 3 months to source from Frankia and then add 150%.

Has anyone managed to find a source for these outer seals - they may be the same as on Hymers andcCarthagos. Seals Direct in the UK do seals and edging for about £5 a metre but don't do this particular format. I'm prepared to use a German source if necessary.

Norman

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
UK agent says £35 per metre - delivered! So that's £120 plus for the 5.5metre door seal to be replaced. It's a joke.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I want to replace the white seal between the back panel and bumper on my Frankia. I went to the Custom and Classic Car show at the NEC where there were lots of car trimmers selling all sorts of seals. Not one had anything that I could use. Best of luck and if you do find something please let me know.

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
UK agent says £35 per metre - delivered! So that's £120 plus for the 5.5metre door seal to be replaced. It's a joke.

You're quite right that is a joke and someone clearly doesn't want to do the business and has priced it as such.

I sourced replacement seals for our Eura Mobil (delivered from the factory in Germany) through Elite Motorhome's and was charged £8.65 per metre.

Might be worth contacting Germany again and asking them for a second opinion as to the price quoted by their UK representative and why it should be so excessive?

Possibly ask them if they could recommend a stockist elsewhere in Europe that wouldn't 'lift-your-leg'!

Good luck.

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
The first people I tried were SealsDirect but the nearest matches ETS58, ETS2481 or ETS3239 did not have the correct profile to push fit into the frame retaining channel.

Thanks for all your help. I'm going to try MobilPartner at Gutersloh to see if he can do it cheaper.

Norman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Well, I rang MPG at Gutersloh - they were helpful in saying they'd get me a price but they didn't get back to me.

Not one for giving up, I looked further on line here https://caravan-parts.store.buegle....motorhome-habitation-door-seal-/?k=:::6094627 and saw that the cost was identical to that offered by the Frankia main dealer. I guess this is just blurdy expensive stuff!

So ordered a metre for £35 inc postage from the Frankia dealer and will do a patch repair, bonding it to the original at either end.

Norman

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
I ordered through SMC and they lowered my expectations regarding the lead time up to delivery - "it could be 6 weeks". Anyway, it arrived in only 10 days and I say, good for Frankia and good for SMC and its Parts Department.

Excellent service.

Norman

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I want to replace the white seal between the back panel and bumper on my Frankia. I went to the Custom and Classic Car show at the NEC where there were lots of car trimmers selling all sorts of seals. Not one had anything that I could use. Best of luck and if you do find something please let me know.
The seals that go between double glazed door panels and the frame fit the bumper and wheel arches. Ive redone my wheel arches.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008

Attachments

• 2016-04-06 16.43.52.jpg
    2016-04-06 16.43.52.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2016-04-06 16.43.55.jpg
    2016-04-06 16.43.55.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 17
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks but that just confirms it's a different seal to the one which goes the full width of the back of the van between the bumper and rear panel and is white.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Thanks but that just confirms it's a different seal to the one which goes the full width of the back of the van between the bumper and rear panel and is white.
My original was grey and is the same above the bumper and round the light units. This black one does fit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back