Anyone seen one of the new Benimars?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by BobtheBass, Nov 10, 2014.

1. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

The Mileo 294 seems like an interesting motorhome for a good price, but Marquis want me to pay £250 (refundable) to bring one to Tewkesbury for me to look at. Has anyone seen one, and if so, did it look to be good quality/well designed/desirable? Also, do Marquis refund you promptly or do they use the money you have "lent" them to try to twist your arm with?

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

I think the "refundable" part may only be off the price when you buy it !!!!!! So double check first just in case......

3. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

The salesman said that payment of the money was just to show I was seriously interested and at least would turn up to see it when it arrived!

4. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

We were told it was fully refundable no matter what. As it happened we saw what we wanted elsewhere at a better price and didn't pay the deposit to arrange a test drive of the motorhome Marquis had.

5. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Pretty much we were told as well when we bought our A/S. It deters the time wasters

6. deanroofing

deanroofing Funster

Nice looking MH looks like good value for the price.

7. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Looks a nice van, but is 275kg payload sufficient for a 4 berth mh enough?

8. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Thought that the new Benimars that we saw at the NEC show (now being imported exclusively by Marquis in a UK specification) were interesting :http://www.marquisleisure.co.uk/motorhomes/stock/new/make/benimar
    Benimar Mileo 201 is very similiar to our Chausson Best Of 04 (although only 2 berth not 4) but the UK spec has improved on it in some ways - online photos don't do it justice as don't show the huge garage with spare wheel in purpose built well, door on UK side, better step design up to beds, 1 electric hob & 2 gas, more power points & reversing camera fitted as standard. Don't know if shell specification & build quality is as good as Chausson (10 year warranty deal last year) & on a Fiat not a Ford Chassis like ours (enables 4th bed) but know they sold like hotcakes at the show(y) Only looked briefly at the Mileo 294 as although lovely spacious layout being over 6m was too big for us. Don't know what Marquis are like as a dealer but bet some Funsters do!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  9. scottie

scottie Funster

The money up front is just to show you are interested. I used the scheme 2 years ago, did not buy from them. Money was refunded.

10. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

after a bad experience with marquis and a brand new van not fit for sale, I wouldn't buy an icecream off them on a hot day

• Like Like x 1