Anyone seen it cheaper anywhere else in UK? (1 Viewer)

Eyeinthesky

Free Member
Sep 9, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
image.jpg
This was taken on Portland, Dorset today...getting better eh?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
8p ltr cheaper than our cheapest.....pissed off living in this rip-off town.

One independant garage just 10 miles away is selling at 120.9p......4p cheaper than our local supermarkets.

robarb38

Free Member
Mar 8, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
"since 1984"
€1.17 lt in Galp station N332 Favara near Cullera Spain, we are all getting ripped off

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
What pisses me off is that derv has been up to ten pence a ltr more that petrol for what is a dirty unrefined fuel so how come it's so close now, who's buggering about? Petrol companies or government?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
What pisses me off is that derv has been up to ten pence a ltr more that petrol for what is a dirty unrefined fuel so how come it's so close now, who's buggering about? Petrol companies or government?
Petrol companies. Duty is the same on both fuels. Diesel became more expensive here when people started buying diesel cars.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Petrol companies. Duty is the same on both fuels. Diesel became more expensive here when people started buying diesel cars.

Simply supply and demand......... There has been a shortage of refined diesel (it is neither dirty nor unrefined, but a blend of components with additives the same way as gasoline is blended) due to very high demand in China and other Asian countries, meaning that the traders can sell for more profit over there, causing an arbitrage in pricing. With the slow down in China and India that arbitrage has narrowed and combined with what is effectively a glut of fuel in USA the refinery price difference here in Europe has narrowed as well. Add in to that the fact that diesel and gasoline are taxed the same here in UK and there is the explanation

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Makes me glad I brimmed out tank a couple if weeks ago to stop the condensation in the tank, all 50 gallons at about £1.30 litre (don't want to look exactly) grrrrr

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Simply supply and demand......... There has been a shortage of refined diesel (it is neither dirty nor unrefined, but a blend of components with additives the same way as gasoline is blended) due to very high demand in China and other Asian countries, meaning that the traders can sell for more profit over there, causing an arbitrage in pricing. With the slow down in China and India that arbitrage has narrowed and combined with what is effectively a glut of fuel in USA the refinery price difference here in Europe has narrowed as well. Add in to that the fact that diesel and gasoline are taxed the same here in UK and there is the explanation

That's something I've always said should have been banned years ago. Selling the fuel once it has been loaded aboard ship. parking up ships in Torquay bay waiting for price to adjust to their favour.
As far as I 'm concerned once it has been purchased it should be delivered & that's it. No multiple selling on.
There should have been a complete ban on anything going to the Chinese/indians , etc; until they use modern products & stop polluting.
It cost everyone else billions to change refrigeration gases & then we allow the ¡3rd' world countries, Chin, India, etc; to continue using them & additionally selling the recovered banned refrigerants to them as well ! Utter nonsense.
All just worked out in a way to make the scum more profits at the expense of those poor saps footing the bill.:mad::banghead:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
When we went on a family visit to Canada we noticed all the fuel stations are selling at the same price, government controlled we were told.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That's something I've always said should have been banned years ago. Selling the fuel once it has been loaded aboard ship. parking up ships in Torquay bay waiting for price to adjust to their favour.
As far as I 'm concerned once it has been purchased it should be delivered & that's it. No multiple selling on.
There should have been a complete ban on anything going to the Chinese/indians , etc; until they use modern products & stop polluting.
It cost everyone else billions to change refrigeration gases & then we allow the ¡3rd' world countries, Chin, India, etc; to continue using them & additionally selling the recovered banned refrigerants to them as well ! Utter nonsense.
All just worked out in a way to make the scum more profits at the expense of those poor saps footing the bill.:mad::banghead:
You should read Marc Rich's biography - he is the guy that invented oil trading! A very interesting read and a controversial pardon by Bill Clinton when he left office

OP
OP
Eyeinthesky

Eyeinthesky

Free Member
Sep 9, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Just now...still in Dorset, this time on the Granby Trading Estate in Weymouth...the Esso Filling Station....wait for it...

Unleaded 113.9p

Diesel 116.9p

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Kirkhams prestwich,

petrol .99p deisel 1.14 24hrs only,:)

we filled yesterday:(:(

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Our local garage is £1.19, what I don't understand is that he gets 1 refuel per wk but has been dropping the price by 1p per day. Surely it should have just dropped from £1.25 to £1.19 instantly?? Or am I missing something.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back