Anyone read this months "Caravan and Motorhome Club" magazine? (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
If you have, could you find any reference whatsoever to motorhomes? There are some campervans and a few pvcs mentioned in some kind of a competition but that's about it. Martin Dorey wrote a short travel article where he appeared to be in a Motorhome and there may have been another travel piece involving a hired van but that's about it. There is no doubt it's still the "Caravan Club" and motorhomes aren't worth talking about. Perhaps they should have renamed it the "Caravans mainly, but we are happy to take money from Campervans and those other things whose name we forget Club"?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
If you have, could you find any reference whatsoever to motorhomes? There are some campervans and a few pvcs mentioned in some kind of a competition but that's about it. Martin Dorey wrote a short travel article where he appeared to be in a Motorhome and there may have been another travel piece involving a hired van but that's about it. There is no doubt it's still the "Caravan Club" and motorhomes aren't worth talking about. Perhaps they should have renamed it the "Caravans mainly, but we are happy to take money from Campervans and those other things whose name we forget Club"?
How do you define a motorhome? There was a thread on here sometime ago about how do you refer to your "motorcaravan". Many refer to a coach built as a campervan, some just van:confused:

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Do people read that magazine? Sort yourself out, how many stay pressed elasticated waist trousers do you need!.
Crimplene actually. Goes really well with Bi-Nylon shirts and string vests.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
And shorts, with open sandles and socks .

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Do people read that magazine? Sort yourself out, how many stay pressed elasticated waist trousers do you need!.
I gave you a "Love it" before I thought - I read the Camping and Caravanning magazine. Does this include me:oops:

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Sad to say, I've got a pile of magazines (probably last 2yrs) still in the cellophane wrapper...
I even brought the February issue to work, guess what...still in the wrapper :whistle:
IMG_3261.JPG

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Possible to take an 8' wide, 40' long caravan outfit down those 'windy narrow roads' but you think it not possible to take a 25' motorhome down....puzzling!!
Only kidding. The last time I towed anything (a 17 foot boat) I reversed it up a tree so I have great respect for tuggers. It's the Club that I have no respect for who seem to think that they can pay lip service to motorhomers yet somehow gain their business without actually giving them anything at all.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I'm watching "The Club" carefully we are 20 year members and basically only use it for insurance services - especially the Red Pennant Personal as it covers my stupid illnesses at a reasonable price compared to those speciality travel insurances who mostly refuse to give me cover or want so much money the premium is more expensive than the holiday

Yes there are a lot of VW's and the like in this issue but there are a lot more adverts for motorhomes than there used to be but it is early days yet they magazine has got to settle into it's new guise

AND
As for taking a diddy motorhome down windy lanes after using a 14m outfit which has a tendency to bend in the middle and stick it's back end out 3-4 metres in tight turns I'll tell you after visiting Wales

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I had a quick browse at a neighbour's copy and chuckled at the large amount of space given to campervans (motorhomes).
Yep, the south Wales bit was interesting and may even influence my plans for later in the year - weather permitting. :)

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Just cancelled my membership after 26 years!

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Sad to say, I've got a pile of magazines (probably last 2yrs) still in the cellophane wrapper...
I even brought the February issue to work, guess what...still in the wrapper :whistle:
View attachment 154017

I was in the same situation about 18 months ago. So, i went into my membership profile on line and under communication preferences, i ticked a box to unsubscribe from the magazine. It works, my recycle box is virtually empty.
Mike

El-Nido

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
The main picture in the South Wales feature on pages 22-23 (labelled as Gower coast) is actually of Porthdinllaen, on the north coast of the Llyn Peninsula in.......North Wales!

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Autosleepers Owners Club 2009/10? When you bought a unit then,you had automatic membership of this club,so on buying a Broadway EK ? was a member,did not like the Peugeot bit,so swapped it for a Autosleeper Kensington twin axle c/van they had just started to produce and was a member again. On reading through the Monthly ? booklet,read SHOCK HORROR! Autosleeper c/van owners could not be members as voted by the commitee ? (I already was i thought having a membership pack) One of the reasons from memory."Caravans mean families,families mean children.......... and i think price was mentioned as well,but this could all be checked,by reading back copies... So. Us and them appears to be alive and kicking in both camps.;)
There have been lots of wardens over the years, living/running sites for the season in a.......... Motor-Camper/home A'Class (B.C.D.E.F Class? - RV-5th wheeler. etc Whatever you want to call it. So have a talk to them, they seem to be on an equal footing with the c/van owner wardens,no two tier system there,and that was when it was just the Caravan Club. A "Funster" was up in Scotland i believe running a Caravan Club site,with views out of this world and getting paid..Result. (y)
I am at an age where i only need Good Vibes,think positive,time is of the essence,call it what you want if it makes you happy,but don't forget whatever it ends up being called.

PARK WITH YOUR OFFSIDE CORNER TO THE PEG!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag.(y)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Just spent a couple of weeks touring, the majority of wites which were open were CMC or CC as it was once called, on some sites majority of users were motorhomes/campers whateve you want to call them. others were 50/50 all 'wardens' hate that term were friendly and helpful never once parked with offside to peg but did have corner of van to it, price wise was less than the non club sites which were open, and the toilets/showers were heated. Read both club mags and there is a bias towards caavans, but they Were in the majority, perhaps at some point they will be complaining that they are being ignored, owners not the caravans, for any pedants.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Quite a lot already have drive over drains for our grey water, and the rest are being upgraded to provide proper facilities. Any CC site we've been on since we've owned a Moho has had a decent proportion of motorhomes, which has been getting greater year by year. At Longleat at the end of Nov for their illuminations - there were more Mohos than caravans.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
A name change means nothing. It'll always be a club for caravans. Motorhomers will remain another form of rip off revenue to them. Let's face it they haven't a clue how to build a functional motorhome service point. Which idiot thought of lifting the drain cover then guessing where it is as you drive over.

Reactions: f6c
Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Well!
We spent last weekend at the Plymouth Sound C&MC
On arrival I entered office and said , morning, so glad motorhomes are now in your title!!
One couple in office ready to book her seasonal caravan pitch said:
Well, hope they don't tear up the grass like motorhomes did last year, their a damm Nuisance!!!!
I replied saying:
Well now we're caravan and motorhome club maybe they will consider motorhomes a bit more and put some hard standings in!!
We pay same money so should be given same pitch view opportunity or say, This site is unsuitable for motorhomes!!!
It will always be them and us!!

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Whilst on the subject of seasonal caravan pitches why do the long termers always seem to get the best pitches when on a daily rate they pay the least, and then their vans often end up looking like they have been painted with furry green paint? Not to mention that they build fences around their pitches and install garden furniture from Poundland which if we did would get us thrown off.........

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Perhaps they should have renamed it the "Caravans mainly, but we are happy to take money from Campervans and those other things whose name we forget Club"?
There was a very interesting article on the provision of defibrillators on site, usually under the direct responsibility of the site wardens, for the comfort and well being of CC customers, when they find out that the three days on site, (with or without awning), has gone up by fifteen quid since they booked, owing to the fact that their stay takes in all or part of the Ethiopian religious holiday of Zloom, which necessitates prime charges to be levied.
They proudly boast that they have resuscitated 75 members since the equipment has been available, plus three dogs and a volunteer warden. And all for the measly cost of £2,500 per unit, which is why the yearly membership has shot up.
I mean, that's really nice. (y)

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I have an ever growing stack of them (the magazines, not the elasticated trousers) unopened which I always think I am going to read but never get round to. Wish they would go electronic like the C and C club b then I could just ignore them and have a cheaper membership.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
I have an ever growing stack of them (the magazines, not the elasticated trousers) unopened which I always think I am going to read but never get round to. Wish they would go electronic like the C and C club b then I could just ignore them and have a cheaper membership.

You can opt out of the printed version and get just the digital version but I don't think it saves you any money.

Dave

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hi.
Autosleepers Owners Club 2009/10? When you bought a unit then,you had automatic membership of this club,so on buying a Broadway EK ? was a member,did not like the Peugeot bit,so swapped it for a Autosleeper Kensington twin axle c/van they had just started to produce and was a member again. On reading through the Monthly ? booklet,read SHOCK HORROR! Autosleeper c/van owners could not be members as voted by the commitee ? (I already was i thought having a membership pack) One of the reasons from memory."Caravans mean families,families mean children.......... and i think price was mentioned as well,but this could all be checked,by reading back copies... So. Us and them appears to be alive and kicking in both camps.;)
There have been lots of wardens over the years, living/running sites for the season in a.......... Motor-Camper/home A'Class (B.C.D.E.F Class? - RV-5th wheeler. etc Whatever you want to call it. So have a talk to them, they seem to be on an equal footing with the c/van owner wardens,no two tier system there,and that was when it was just the Caravan Club. A "Funster" was up in Scotland i believe running a Caravan Club site,with views out of this world and getting paid..Result. (y)
I am at an age where i only need Good Vibes,think positive,time is of the essence,call it what you want if it makes you happy,but don't forget whatever it ends up being called.

PARK WITH YOUR OFFSIDE CORNER TO THE PEG!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag.(y)

Last time I stayed on a cc site, many years ago I ran over the peg, may have been an offside wheel though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back