Anyone planning a tour 2017? (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Is anyone going touring across the pond next year -fancy a spot myself now I am retired.Done a bit in the past with SWMBO but she doesnt fancy it now (the touring I mean ).Nice to have a dedicated bike club on here I know plenty of us are bikers.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Do you mean "over the pond" as in America?

I'm in a Triumph Sprint owners club, although to be honest they let anyone in these days as the Sprint is pretty well out of production and many of the original owners have moved on in bike terms but stay part of the club.

For 2017 there are already tentative plans for a couple of days in Wales (April), a week tour - maybe Ireland/France (May), Ypres May BH, Possibly a week in Spain late summer and a long weekend to Arnhem in September. There will also be the odd camping trip and someone or other usually arranges something around Scotland! Too much for me to decide at the moment - especially as I'm expecting my Ironclad van in March/April!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After once trying an organised tour I decided never again !
So many reasons...
For me, a max of 5 people, all of whom should be pretty adept and on reasonably reliable bikes is about as far as I would go towards an organised tour ..

I have no doubt some of us will be doing Mori ( in Italy near Garda ) again next year but that is never a tour.. More of a blat down, a weeks party and a blat back !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Once tried an "organised" tour with BMW club but apart from me looking scruffy as my riding gear didnt match my bike I didnt feel safe riding at the silly speeds they were doing (and I am not a slow rider).Started going solo (sometimes with wife) .I meant Europe touring as done it a few times before but now retired so time no limit.Got a 650 Deauville to go on now.

friar tuck

Free Member
Nov 15, 2011
redruth cornwall
Funster No
MH
a class rv
Exp
im a newbie
do france and spain every year for the last 6 years.i always go alone but may pick up company for a half day or so.will ride with others for a while but i prefer me at my own pace and have no plans where im heading.real freedom ,i would imagine a group would be too organised and would mean compromise for everyone.must be a bit of aloner.

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
I'm planning a tour of Wales on my Enfield with a mate for a week in May. We've also got an organized tour later in the year in South Africa. We take the Honda Innova away with us in the MH next week to France and Spain and when back in the UK during the summer there will be weekends away on either the Harley or one of the Enfields. I used to ride regularly with a Harley club but I now prefer pottering around either on my own or with my wife on pillion or her own bike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back