Anyone looking to import a new Globecar/Possl van?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Judge Mental, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

A german dealer that I and a few friend use have quite a number of new Globecar/Possl RHD vans to sell. I cant load the list as it doesn't copy over right...If interested PM me with your email and I will forward the list and contact details to you. They speak perfect english and are easy to deal with. I am presuming they must be cancelled UK orders or the like, or the factory just built to many....who knows! But It just might just be an opportunity to pick up a resonable quality RHD German van at a good price.....

Please don't accept the sticker price, bargain till you make them weep and both start crying:D

• Like Like x 4
  2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

thanks.. not in a position to order yet.. or would have jumped at this .. hopefully next year

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

These will be 2014 (pre-facelift) models, presumably - it would explain why the factory is keen to shift them asap.

I've just been looking at the 2015 brochure today - there aren't many changes. The most obvious, apart from the facelift front, is the 'soft-close' sliding door. Should be some good deals to be had if the model you want is on the list.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Judge Mental

Yes they are X250. awaiting more details on price and spec but its a fair old list with most models I think.....personally will wait for Euro 6 as we live in london and I don't trust Boris and that ilk:sneaky:

all I know is when they has some RHD Ford based trendscouts? a few years back they were at a very good price indeed compared to here......mind you a Revoloution with the electric bed is tempting!:love:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boater

Boater Funster

Hi thanks for the list the revolution with the electric bed is the one that caught my eye at the nec very clever.

6. Judge Mental

Your welcome......What put me off initially was the extra height On the Revoloution model. But the ability for me to store our expensive e bikes inside and still sleep above is attractive. And I bet the van feels airy with that high roof......

7. Judge Mental

cancelled orders I fink.....soft close door came out in 2014..so should think they have it..

you can check with dealer if interested

8. lorger

lorger Funster

Just a shame its a bit to early for us, as for the revolution and electric bed we liked the idea when we had a look at the NEC and the fact you could have two double beds at the back.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Judge Mental

4 in a panel van a bit of a squeeze..I love em..but not that much!:giggle:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Judge Mental

A handful so far have shown interest..we are away Friday for a week of indulgence, whoring and puffing in Amsterdam. If I make it back alive will post the updated info then.....:)

11. Hughman

Hughman Funster

Sounds very tolerable :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Judge Mental

Just back from Amsterdam and exhausted! will have to refrain from posting the debauched details on this family friendly forum......:rolleyes:

I now have the complete list of these RHD 2014 X250 Globecar vans. anyone interested PM me your email address. I am still awaiting a list of FAQ's

if you have a LHD van PX possible

13. Judge Mental

you won't get an offer on RHD import vans again any time soon.

like I said earlier, last time they had Ford based Trendscouts and that was back in 2011/2012 they were approx £25K - £40K now on ebay:whistle:

14. Judge Mental

These vans starting to sell..they are a very good deal indeed, offering significant savings. Two member on here have completed deals this week. others may have bought as well as have sent out over 15 lists with contact details.

The registration process straightforward as they are full UK spec, no need for VCA test etc....

15. Judge Mental

probably worth mentioning again if you want the list send email address as its a PDF file. Gerry list on the way, coffeeroffey I need your email.....:)

16. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Bump

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frentchy

Frentchy Funster

This is it init(y)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Daft bugger did not even know what he called the thread LOL! !!
    Dont worry.. many of us are heading the same way :rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Judge Mental

Thanks guys!:) (note to myself - keep title simple!)

OK an update:

Some significant clarity on the situation. I asked for cost of 2 fictitious deliveries to give a concrete idea as to costs. Also warranty if an issue could not be resolved by post.

"If we deliver a car to London and we are allowed to drive it there, we would need 650€, to Birmingham we would need 750€ (this includes 19% VAT).

We can also offer 5 days Export plates with full (comprehensive) Insurance for 150€ net. The insurance is valid for all the Way Germany/Netherlands/Belgium/France and the UK.

Normally they are not fully covered only 3rd party, but we made a Deal with our insurance company and now we can provide the 5 days plates including Comprehensive insurance. That was also an issue today in the morning with another customer, so I called the insurance company some hours ago and they confirmed that.

Warranty won’t be a big problem. If the customer has to bring it to a Non Pössl-Service garage, the customer would have let the invoice write on our Name. We would compensate this and Pössl would compensate us. We always found a solution, it is the same with many Swedish and Norwegian customers."

I have asked for details of insurance it will probably be in German. Just to make clear these are all Globecar branded full RHD UK spec vans with a good level of standard kit. Possl is the parent company (part of Dethleff/Hymer group)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Judge Mental

Found it again... Getting the hang of this :) (not)