Anyone looking for wardens job

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by lorger, Dec 21, 2012.

1. lorger

lorger Funster

I know a few on here have asked about warden jobs and some of you are on the lookout for them. Well just to let you know there are a couple advertised in my local paper today one full time and one assistant seasonal warden.

They are at Kippford a lovely little seaside boating village about 17 mile from Dumfries.

If anyone is interested and wants the details just get in touch and I can send you them all.

Gerry

• Like Like x 1
  2. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

As a matter of interest Gerry, does it say how much they pay?

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

to be agreed Paul .. two jobs, one season, one permanent

see ad

Park description:

Kippford Holiday Park is one of the most beautiful holiday parks in Dumfries and Galloway. Kippford is regarded as being the loveliest seaside village in South West Scotland, beautifully landscaped and very well maintained - a Bellamy Gold award park. The utmost care is given to landscaping, to our Lodges and Caravans for rent and sale, the touring area and to 'customer experience'. We aim to help customers to full enjoyment of the countryside, the activities and the flora and fauna - especially our many Red Squirells!
    Job Vacancy: Assistant Warden Couple

Seasonal post – living in their own Touring Caravan March - October (3 ½ days/week).

Day duties will be to provide general help to all staff, including significant cleaning & handy man roles. Evening & night duty on a rota basis (normally 3 nights/week) will include taking calls to 9pm and welcoming late-comers. A demonstrable ability to deal effectively with ‘emergencies’ as they arise and to willingly accept instruction are essential.

The job requires that the successful applicant couple both drive and use their reasonably sized hatchback/estate car around the park.

Application Details.

Evidence of competence in all aspects must be provided at time of application. Full work related references must be provided at the time of application.

Please ask for an application form by email only to ra@kippfordholidaypark.co.uk .

Your Own Touring Caravan
    Ad posted to: 17/Jan/2013 Salary: To Be Agreed
    Email: ra@kippfordholidaypark.co.uk
    Contract type: Seasonal

Park description:

Kippford Holiday Park is one of the most beautiful holiday parks in Dumfries and Galloway. Kippford is regarded as being the loveliest seaside village in South West Scotland, beautifully landscaped and very well maintained - a Bellamy Gold award park. The utmost care is given to landscaping, to our Lodges and Caravans for rent and sale, the touring area and to 'customer experience'. We aim to help customers to full enjoyment of the countryside, the activities and the flora and fauna - especially our many Red Squirells!
    Job Vacancy: Assistant Warden Couple

Permanent post - living on the park in a Static Caravan (3 ½ days/week).

Day duties will be to provide general help to all staff, including significant cleaning & handy man roles. Evening & night duty on a rota basis (normally 3 nights/week) will include taking calls to 9pm and welcoming late-comers. A demonstrable ability to deal effectively with ‘emergencies’ as they arise and to willingly accept instruction are essential.

The job requires that the successful applicant couple both drive and use their reasonably sized hatchback/estate car around the park.

Application Details.

Evidence of competence in all aspects must be provided at time of application. Full work related references must be provided at the time of application.

Please ask for an application form by email only to ra@kippfordholidaypark.co.uk .

Static Caravan
    Ad posted to: 17/Jan/2013 Salary: To Be Agreed
    Email: ra@kippfordholidaypark.co.uk
    Contract type: Permanent

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. lorger

lorger Funster

Well I can assume the world hasn't ended for you but surely your not after another job :Rofl1:

As Jim has posted to be agreed, ideal for someone that wants to work part time and live in a lovely area as its a bit of a millionaires play ground :Rofl1: Lots of folk from the cities have houses here.

5. lorger

lorger Funster

Jim if I'd have know it was online I would have posted it not as technical as you though the ad was in the Dumfries and Galloway standard this morning. If I was of a certain age I'd go for it myself as its a lovely area.
    Hopefully be of help to someone

6. lorger

lorger Funster

Just noticed the bit about the hatchback that might put someone off but I'm sure if they get the right person they will work something out like a wheelbarrow :Rofl1: as its not a massive site.

7. scotjimland

I'm always suspicious of 'to be agreed' salaries for wardens jobs.. usually means we pay the minimum or less.. and expect you to work all hours god sends.. I speak from experience ..

could of course be wrong, and they are just keeping it close to their chests in fear of a mad rush :Laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

And it makes me wonder about the hatchback

Commercial insurance required, who pays the fuel etc etc

9. lorger

lorger Funster

Just incase anyone was interested in these or the wage paid they are advertised again in today's local paper.
    The full time job living in a static is £22K part time with pitch for the season is £10K maybe didn't get many applications without the wage advertised.

Gerry

10. Trikimiki

Trikimiki Read Only Funster

11. scotjimland

same link I posted on my first post .. :thumb:

no, you read correct.. long hard hours, poor pay and at the mercy of every disgruntled camper.. some ads read as though they are doing you a favour .. :RollEyes:

• Like Like x 2
  12. lorger

lorger Funster

Just so you know I have nothing to do with this job or campsite just thought I'd be helpful. And post details on her as I know some members are looking for jobs as wardens. It might not be the best job this one or any other but its a job we get so many post on the forum about people being lazy and not working. So unless we are being constructive or answering specific question why don't we let the individual make their own mind up as everyone circumstances are different and this might actually be a good job for them, we don't all get high salaries and great conditions.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Drew

Drew Funster

Not sure how this might affect people taking the job but if you are provided with accommodation it is taxable as HMRC see it as part of your salary.

14. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Not interested in the job Gerry (too far to commute everyday - I like my own bed:Laughing:) Just a quick thanks for bringing it to our attention.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Trikimiki

Trikimiki Read Only Funster

Think I will just stay as the disgruntled camper!! :Angry::Angry: