Anyone looking for a NEW small car under £6k? (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If anyone is in the market for a nice little car, then have a look at the Suzuki Alto SZ - it's being discounted at the moment from £7,199 - now only £5,999 for the base version, and the better equipped ones are also discounted.

Link Removed

My Step Dad's wife (who does all the driving) has been saying for ages that she wanted to changer their Y reg Rover 25 for something else but never got round to really having a good look for one so we took them on a tootle round yesterday looking at used cars for £5k-£6k and she also had a look at the new Altos too. When it came to the fact that she could afford a 2-3 year old used car with a highish mileage, or a brand new one with no worries for 3 years (and £0 road tax forever!) and she actually really enjoyed driving it, it was a no brainer so she signed up for it there and then! ::bigsmile:

It is a fantastic little car, very nippy and handles beautifully. It is also very, very comfy and easily fitted 4 of us in plus they'll still be able to get in all the camping kit for when they go away.

They're both well chuffed and are picking it up tomorrow morning as the dealer had a couple of unregistered ones in the compound already. We're lending her the money so she can get it now and she'll give it back to us shortly so she can start enjoying it straight away (she's drawing out her Premium Bond money so will have to wait for it to be paid out to her).

This is the first new car she'll have ever bought ... at 82!!! :thumb:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Went to pick the car up this morning, going through everything and then we thought it was good to go ... then the lad asked us for the insurance cover note! :Eeek: Er, the insurers were supposed to be emailing it direct to them yesterday ... he checked ... nope, they hadn't got it! :shout:

We rang the insurance company (LV) to be told that they had had a failed email delivery response and had sent a 'text' to tell step MIL about it ... to her HOME land-line phone!!! :Doh: I pointed out that it would have been more sensible to ring as it was rather important especially since they knew she was collecting her new car today at 10.30 am with the insurance on her old one stopping at 11.00 am as it then transferred over to the new car. The girl didn't have an answer for this but said she could send it again so I double checked the email address they'd sent it to and they had got it wrong, despite them repeating it back to MIL yesterday to check it was correct, they added the word 'group' to the end of it (picked from a list possibly?) so it was wrong. :cry:

To make matters worse, even though the girl at LV said she'd send it again straight away, it could take up to 3 hours to get to the dealer as it had to go through a central server ... although they could fax it for a fee ... but that could also take up to 3 hours too as it had to go via the same bl**dy server! :Angry:

So we were 'stuck' - we couldn't go home in the old car as the insurance had now 'expired', or drive it somewhere else! We decided to have a trot into town (fortunately only 10 mins walk away from car dealer) and hope it came through quicker. After about 45 mins we got a call from the dealer to say it had come through so by the time we got back they'd taxed the car and we were finally able to 'escape'! :thumb:

The ride home was very nice and MIL has really taken to it like a duck to water ... somehow I think she might be doing a bit more mileage in this than her old Rover ... there'll be no stopping her now!!! ::bigsmile:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Nice one Mel, an employee at our neighbouring Halfords Autocentre has a 63 plate Alto, base model bought last September for the same £5999 and he raves about it. 70mpg and £0 road tax, what's not to like? Will consider one of these myself in the next few months perhaps.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi Dave, hope it suits you sir! ::bigsmile: Actually being a 'big lad' it should accommodate you nicely as it is very roomy inside - my hubby has long legs and he was very comfortable in the back behind the driver's seat. If we hadn't bought our Ypsilon last year we might have been tempted ourselves to get one! :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back