Anyone Know What These Are or Have One (1 Viewer)

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Everybody has anybody heard Vu+, Solo2, AMBar Open Box vs8s all with 12mth Gift Warranty.
These things with the 12mth Gift Warranty seem to be available all over the place.

Below is a link to one where a reviewer said as below.
Amazon product ASIN
A reviewer from the link above commented,
"I've tried everything except for the 'gift' settings which some people use, as I'm honest!"

Indicating this might be something less than legal, does anybody know about these type of boxes most of them seem to run on 12v so would be ideal for motorhome use.

Many Thanks Tony

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Basically these boxes are used to get free sky or any other scrambled channels. You take off the original software and load up software that has the ability to connect to servers that have Sky signals decoded and beamed down to your box. IYou have to pay for the decoded signals normally on a monthly basis. If you dont know what the box does I wouldnt go there.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
from what I understand.go for the zgemma box,better epg,you will need internet connection as well as a dish,works with 3g off a phone or a mifi.withought the "gift "you'll just get the free to air channels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
you will need internet connection as well as a dish,works with 3g off a phone or a mifi.withought the "gift "you'll just get the free to air channels.
Hi Leftlegger so what they are doing is streaming the illegal programs through the internet, what a cheek. Sky must know about this but I doubt they can do nothing about it.
Many Thanks Tony

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
You take off the original software and load up software that has the ability to connect to servers that have Sky signals decoded and beamed down to your box

Hi There I was interested in these as most of them run off 12v I was hoping to get a Freesat pvr from Humax but they don’t do one, although sometime in the future I am hoping to install an inverter, so then it would not be a problem. Although I have free to air receiver Freesat has more channels. It sounds like these are illegal, can’t understand why Amazon allows these to be sold.

Anyway thanks for your input.

Many Thanks Tony

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Not illegal unless you modify it and do as said in previous post.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back