Anyone know about the Becker 45? (1 Viewer)

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Hi has any one got one of these or know anything about them? Are they worth the 180 quid. I have looked for reviews but not found any. Any thoughts anyone? Thanks.
[/B]

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Check the Chinese Sat Nav

Hi there

If you are looking to buy a truck type sat nav check out all the posts on this site for Chinese Sat Nav.. they are priced at £62.50 !!!

Read all the funsters posts and you'll see we're all very satisfied and highly recommend them. What better reviewers will you get than our motorhome users on MotorhomeFun!

If you have problems with your Chinese Sat Nav the support on this forum is excellent; there is a host of info available, one post has 28 pages full. If your question is not included, post it and I'm sure someone will help you, they're brilliant on here.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
[/B]

Hi has any one got one of these or know anything about them? Are they worth the 180 quid. I have looked for reviews but not found any. Any thoughts anyone? Thanks.
Yes - we have one and we think it's great. Also have a Tom Tom for the car and we had one of those Chinese ones which was so bad that we took a lump hammer to it. IMHO the Becker beats these hands down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
4matt

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Yes I looked into the many Chinese offerings and there are a few things that have put me off these.

1. They operate on windows software. I have not got any windows machines in the house. I also have no CD drive to upload software to my Machine.

2. I have seen way too many negative reviews on the internet to consider the less expensive offerings.

3. The ones I have seen are offered with only Half the Memory capacity and you can not load the whole of the EU onto the device.

4. I am looking for dedicated Sat-Nav not a small tablet computer with functionality that is surplus to my requirements.

Thank you to those who have replied but I am yet to be sold on the less expensive Chinese offerings, some only come in a few pounds less than some car Navs. So I am not sure the risk is worth it. I am not set in stone and continue to do my research hence this post about the Becker 45. I am looking at as many options as possible and will consider all the comets and posts in this forum along with those gathered from other areas of the World Wide Web.

I await other comments and suggestions and hopefully I will be able to make an informed decision before my trip to the big bad EU later in the year.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back