Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Just arrived in Jesolo after a couple of weeks at Moniga in Lake Garda, staying a week and back to Moniga for another two, anyone around .

Lampie

sugarplum

Free Member
Feb 4, 2008
Hallow, Worcs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 yrs
Hi lampie

Not near you ATM [worst luck] but planning a 3month trip to ITaly starting jan. would greatly appreciate any pointers/campsite tips. What do you think of it it all?

We are in an RV so campsite info would be good too.

Have a nice one.

cheers

alice

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Alice we were their in 06 stayed at Marina de Venitza and Camping Parco Capraro, also had a look around Jesolo International to see if we could get on, if you want any details just shout.

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sugarplum

Free Member
Feb 4, 2008
Hallow, Worcs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 yrs
Hi olley

thanks for your reply...... would love to hear any tips on a trip to Italy... not done that before.

Plan on leaving Jan via dover /dunkirk going to lux for some cheap diesel and then driving down to south of france and going along the coast..... is this feasable? given that we will be towing a car and I see from another post [valuable info as always] that we would need to drive the car seperately through the mont blanc tunnel, not a problem, but would be expensive.
would greatly appreciate what you think?

not online now till a few days, but look fwd to your reply.

cheers

alice and george

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi A&G can't help with towing as we didn't tow, hired a car when we got there, apart from the financial considerations of going via toll roads, the extra cost of being in a higher toll class and the lower MPG towing, I had never driven an RV before until we bought the Brave 3 weeks before the holiday in July, ::bigsmile: plus not having aircon in our micra made hiring a better option for us.

We went Dunkerque, Brussles, Strasbourg, spent a night in a M/Way Aire near Mulhouse then through Basel and the St Gotthard tunnel, around Milan, and straight down the M/Way past Venice, through Jesolo to Punta Sabbioni where we had booked our first pitch at Marina De Venitza, this is a huge site with about 3000 pitches. Link Removed

I guess its like a very civilised Haven site, good restaurants, shops, outdoor entertainment and no larger louts, all the youngsters who want to keep partying are herded of to the beach at about 22.00 and watched by security, very clean toilets and showers with unlimited hot water. You need a "super" pitch on the outside of the "Super" pitch area as low branches make access difficult for the others. Their is a M/home service point but the "Super" pitches all have drains plus water and 10amp? electric, enough to run the aircon anyway. ::bigsmile:

A bus stops outside and took us the 2 miles to the Punta Sabbioni ferry to Venice, the girls spent most of the day there shopping as long queues and hot weather made the Doges palace, Basilica etc a no no for me. I did sit down and have a small coke in St. Marks square, cost about £5.00 :Eeek:

We stayed about 10 days before moving of to Parco Capriaro Camping Parco Capraro - Jesolo Lido (Venezia) which is the other side of Jesolo about 1 mile inland, and hired a car for a week, This is a smaller site but in two parts separated by the road, you will not get on the main site and will have to go on the second part, which is clean and tidy but basic having portacabins, I pumped my waste in to the back of these, their is a M/Home service point on the main site but you won't be able to get near it.

Be careful on the buses, this was our first time in Italy and didn't understand the ticket system, as nobody was buying a ticket we didn't either, didn't realise you could buy them at the site, on jumps a ticket inspector and relives us of €60 :cry: could have been worse as he pointed out it should be €60 each for me and the wife. :Doh: so not a good start, but only ourselves to blame. We hired a car here for a week, cost about £200

Jesolo has one of the longest shopping streets in Europe, so wife was well happy, :Sad: At the far end next to one of the entrances to the lagoon sits Jesolo International, **** Jesolo Club International we only looked around it and a few of the "Mega" pitches seemed ok for RV's of our size (31') its ideally placed for the wife to go shopping, the kids to play on the beach and you to chill. ::bigsmile: You can also get a ferry to Venice.

After a week we left their and I drove to domaine du Colombier which is a site near Frejus in France Camping (Fréjus - Var - French Riviera - France) | Domaine du Colombier Village Club **** before returning home.

All the sites where booked in advance with dimensions of our RV in metres, waste of time, none of them seemed to have read past "can we book these dates?" but they all managed to fit us in, in my experience this is the norm, so just because they say "no problemo" doesn't mean to say it won't be.

Most petrol stations in Italy have an attendants, who usually tried to fill me up with Diesel, rather than Petrol (Benzina) and some took a little bit of persuading.

If you prefer Aires their is one right next to the ferry point at Punta Sabbioni and another in Venice its self and one on the Viale Oriente as you leave Jesol towards Cortellazzo

Before leaving we stayed the night at Black horse CC site and caught the early ferry, but due to subsequent experiance we now go over on an evening ferry and depending on how we feel park up at Calais Plage Aire or drive a bit before parking.

Have a greattime, English is widely spoken and the people where friendly, plus the weather was gorgeous.

Olley

OP
OP
Lampie

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
That time of year I would not know if the sites I am on are open. Jesolo International is a big site and you are wedged in ( tight at 30' ) on a mega pitch. we were booked in for three weeks but have cancelled the second two and so just staying a week, after that we are returning to Piantelle in Moniga ( Lake Garda ) which is a site I love a lot it's smaller and more friendly.

We did italy last year via France / mont blanc tunnel but went back swiss, lux, Bel. route, which is cheaper no tolls except those in italy and they are quite small and the vinette in swiss. This year returned same way.

Lampie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sugarplum

Free Member
Feb 4, 2008
Hallow, Worcs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 yrs
Hi olley
Thank for all that info.... I've taken it all on board.

Towing the car issue.... we are having an A frame fitted in sep by Towtal. Thought long and hard for years about it and decided to give it a go. Reason being..... we have a dog, so buses and public transport are generally out of bounds. Plus last year we hired for 3 seperate months [ monthly deals work out better] but still it cost us a lot of money, plus occasionally the inconvenience of picking up and dropping off. Sometimes we go to Ireland and it very expensive to hire there.I know the tolls will be extra, but it will balance out in our favour [that's the idea anyway]. We briefly thought about a fifth wheeler, but we had so many teething probs with the Rv, I wouldn't want to go through the pain again.....
We go jan to apr, so air con not a problem!

We usually do a coastal route, but thought we'd do the cities in Italy for a bit of culture??:Eeek: We shall head south first [brindisi] till the weather warms up a bit and then work our way back north. Maybe see how much the ferries to Greece or Sicily are?

I know exactly what you mean with the pre booking thing, waste of time, but then you get the same thing in UK. You've got to go and see for your self, but I suppose in the summer you have to book as it is busy. [Another plus for having a car, you can drive round the site to pick your spot, especially if your staying for a few weeks.

It isn't unusual to be on a campsite on your own when we go!

Thanks anyway and thanks Lampie for your input

cheers

alice and george

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
HI all can you help with infi please

We have 8.6mtr tagg so big (well)and we go down to Spain from about Nov to March and thinking about going to Italy.Can i ask how hot is it at that time of the year and how far down do you need to go,all info would be of help please.

OP
OP
Lampie

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Don't know then but it's great now ! 33 degrees today :Smile: love italy