Anyone had a domestic digital gas meter fitted. (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I will resist the installation of the digital electric meter until it is mandatory but I wouldn't mind a digital gas meter fitted asap. They are advertised with British gas. Anyone already had one fitted.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Both our meters are digital and have been for about 5 years. Never have to open the cabinets to read the meters again.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Had both our meters changed years ago by British Gas, however they might not be fully functioning if you switch suppliers, ours report our usage to BG every 30 minutes. Might not do that to another supplier we will soon find out as I have just switched suppliers.

So back to normal meter readings possibly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Had both our meters changed years ago by British Gas, however they might not be fully functioning if you switch suppliers, ours report our usage to BG every 30 minutes. Might not do that to another supplier we will soon find out as I have just switched suppliers.
So back to normal meter readings possibly.
Are these the so called smart meters, I guess that means you can have access to some of the technology via your phone ect. Is your gas meter a stand alone in line digital meter or just a bolt on display to your old analog unit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back