Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi folks, has anyone got an elddis 155 and if so what do you think of the shower arrangement i.e. the shower before the sink and toilet(do you get wet feet!), and does the pull down sink drain ok, any info much appreciated.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi @Kevingrc
I've got an Elddis 155. It's from Marquis, so came with a few extras. Had it just over a year from new.

Yes, a few vans have this bathroom arrangement, so it's not peculiar to the 155. My previous van was the same - albeit the pan and shower were side by side.

Until you raised this, I'd never even thought about it! You may already know that there is a fold-out glass door which virtually closes off the toilet, so the seat and surrounds don't get wet.

Most of the time, I use the campsite's shower and toilet facilities; not because of the van's setup, but because it's more convenient. When we HAVE used the on-board shower, there's never been a problem. We either run a cheap microfibre cloth around the shower tray or use the rubber backed tray carpet that was supplied with the vehicle. Hence, no wet feet!

As to the pull-out basin, being objective, it's more for brushing teeth and washing hands after loo use, rather than being able to bathe in it! It does drain ok, but I find the van's levelling makes a difference to how fast it drains. The drain cock is on the vehicle's off-side, so if the van is parked heavily inclined to the near side, it doesn't drain so fast.

One can nit-pick with any van, but overall, I've found the 155 to be a great all-rounder. Great roof lights, roof extractor fan, microwave, 4 x 240v sockets and many other features associated with more expensive motorhomes. Value for money too.

I've taken mine to places like Italy and Switzerland, as well as runs to France and Luxembourg. Overall, I am very satisfied with layout, storage and comfort.

Hope this helps? Send me a PM if I can help further.

Regards
James

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
We have a 155, yes the shower is a bit small, we felt that the layout of the rest of the van was just what we wanted. What we did was to use the curtain rail in the van to put a curtain that could be hung on the shower side of the van and just pull it across. It's makes a nice small dressing room and reasonably easy to get an all over wash. The concertena curtain is flimsy and we have just left it tucked away. Probably remove it at a later date.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kevingrc

Kevingrc

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks wingman and dogeared we've put a deposit down on a Majestic and I'm now panicking, having doubts but I probably would whichever we chose,we wanted the facing seats but four travelling seats so we're short on choice, anyway thanks again.

Upvote 0

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Kevin'. Don't panic. Believe me, you've made a wise choice. Perhaps you've heard something derogatory about them? Well, there's hardly a van on here that isn't critisised in some way and that includes the A-Classes and those costing 80k plus!

If you had put a deposit on a Swift, you would be devastated when someone on here said they leak!

I've had no warranty issues with mine.

If you have a 'Majestic' by Marquis, then you'll have the cab aircon, different paint job, passenger air bag, roll-out awning etc.

I've seen some vans costing double at shows with bits broken and falling off!

Upvote 0

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
(y)Have a majestic 140 no probs with shower and sink draining a bit slow but I think that's the norm just selling mine new one on order enjoy :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Kevin, we had two other vans before this and this one is really brilliant, you will find as others have said, that none is perfect. We like to put our own stamp on things, and it certainly meets our needs. We have only once had a problem with drainage and that was due to the van not being level. Just think about the length of time spent in the shower vs the time spent in other areas of the van. There will always be a compromise somewhere

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kevingrc

Kevingrc

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Once again thanks all Im more settled now so will stop worrying and go back to looking forward to taking delivery and planning trips can't wait to get away it'll be our first motorhome, which probably added to my anxiety, never bothered when buying anything else before including cars and our house( as long as wife's happy eh)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back