Anyone got a Pro-rider leccy bike?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ultima, Aug 11, 2016.

1. ultima

ultima Funster

Mentioned this original trouble before-bought an ex demo (or old stock?) Wayfarer folder few weeks ago and battery would not show all three green lights on top of battery after long charges-only two green-other red.Sent back for checking and now they sent new battery.It still does the same-two top lights green other by empty sign red.The charger was OK they said.Is this normal on these bikes? Quite happy with the bike apart from this.It is one of the old( twist and go )throttle bikes.

2. Autowbars

Autowbars Funster

Mine has shown same lights for two years, had no power problems

3. Kim H

Kim H Funster Life Member

I don't have experience of your specific bike so can't comment on the battery indicators. What I would suggest though, does your bike give the range per charge that is expected? If it does, then I wouldn't worry what the LED is displaying.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

We have 2 of these bikes. One of whi h is a slightly older model than the other having no headlight.

Both bikes show 3 green lights when fully charged.

If both of your batteries have shown exactly the same maybe you could try cleaning the terminals where the battery fits onto. Otherwise as suggested by Kim H, see if you get expected range from battery. Remember battery will last longer by not using the throttle.

5. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Hubby has pro rider and his battery shows 3 lights when charged.

6. ultima

ultima Funster

Went to Malvern show yesterday and had a word with E-Ranger guy as their bateries look same as Pro-riders.He said red light always stays on even when fully charged.My bike will probably do best part of 20 miles if on flat road without pedal assistance so happy with that.Trying to adapt a rack on towbar of my 2007 LWB Relay at moment so I can take a 125 m/cycle as werll.Thanks for all advice and happy camping all.