Anyone got a cordless vac in their MH? (1 Viewer)

Hillbum

Free Member
Jun 4, 2013
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
One year
Like many others, we have the Dyson dc59. Bought mainly for house but move it to the MH wardrobe when we go away. Use it daily at home, mainly in the kitchen, good for carpets and hard floors, dog hairs get everywhere.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We bought the cheapest mains cylinder vac ARGOS stocked,,,about £20,,,,does the job brilliant and will run off inverter ,,,,Nice and compact...BUSBY...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Daughter in law reckons DYSON are great,,,she should know she has had 3 in the last 8 years,,,We are still using our twenty year old hoover....BUSBY:D:D:D:D

Reactions: CWH

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION YOUR ALL BLOODY MAD £300 PLUS FOR A HOOVER.
OYE £265 for the dc59 -£200 for the dyson 33 and £65 for the Panasonic which indecently is the best of the lot(y) but without the convenience of the cordless :D

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have a cheapie (not sure of the brand, it came from Lidl or Aldi I think) and it works well. I use the house vac when we get home but there is never much to do..... The van carpets lift out so can have a good shake outside and the van can be swept out.

It charges from the mains or vi an invertor when we are travelling.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Not cordless, but we have just purchased the Black and Decker PAD1200 DustBuster 12volt. Used it a couple of times on Easter Break at Chester. Can't fault it. Comes neatly stored in carry bag and deals with dog hairs no problem. For £29.95 through Amazon, not bad.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Dyson cordless too. The adverts say it is as strong on suction as a mains one and that's pants to be honest but it does the job well enough and doesn't take up much space.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
No carpets.. no need for one.. (y) :)

Eminently sensible Jim! Don't get them dirty when its wet outside or trap in dust and grit when abroad in the summer when its hot. Keep the carpets at home all wrapped up ready for when we sell the van. We have a long handled brush and a dustpan and brush and a quick sweep out is done in seconds!

By the way my wife once wrote off our caravan and the insurance assessor judged the condition of the whole van and excellent payout by the state of the carpets which were immaculate! About all that was left on the side of the M6 was a flatbed trailer with either the cooker or fridge left standing!

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
That Dyson looks good and Siân want's one, but my experience of Dysons has not been good, had 3 and all ended up crocked for one reason or another. Swore I'd never buy another. When we moved to Wales in 2003 I bought a Miele, its been used every day since then and still works as good as it did on day one. A little too big for the van though.
Exactly the same experience ,I swore never another Dyson,but after 3 years our Miele died a death. Carol bought a new Dyson and she swears it's better than the Miele was and we've now bought a handheld for the van which even I have to admit is brilliant.

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Sorry but we also have the Dyson DC59 being cordless it is so much more convenient! Its not the easiest to empty sometimes but I'm yet to revery to our big old dyson! I did try the Gtech multi which I did like but sent it back as got a good deal on the DC59 which would do everything rather than just small surfaces. If its purely for a van than the tech multi wouldn't be a bad option but think suction on dc59 is probably better

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Eminently sensible Jim! Don't get them dirty when its wet outside or trap in dust and grit when abroad in the summer when its hot. Keep the carpets at home all wrapped up ready for when we sell the van. We have a long handled brush and a dustpan and brush and a quick sweep out is done in seconds!

By the way my wife once wrote off our caravan and the insurance assessor judged the condition of the whole van and excellent payout by the state of the carpets which were immaculate! About all that was left on the side of the M6 was a flatbed trailer with either the cooker or fridge left standing!

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Hope you pay your cleaning lady well, thanks for taking time to reply I really fancy one of these.(y)

Last edited:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Yes one of the few manufacturers who still build things to last. We have a 15 year old Miele washing machine, definitely worth paying the extra for.
If you want something built to last get a Kirby, Ours is 35 years old & still in good working order. TOO big & heavy for the van though, hence the Dyson Animal cordless.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I bought a cordless wife many years ago. It still works very well. (y) For her birthday, I purchased a new hand brush and dust-pan, and because the model is getting on in years, I also very kindly spent £4.99 on a foam kneeler for her. (y) Outstanding service from that model, now of course superseded by the 'modern wife', who thinks knees are for just shaving, and not for crawling around a carpet, (or hard floor), on. Pity. :(

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Well thanks for all of the replies. Looks like Dyson are popular.
Incidentally, I used to supply the owner of Kirby vacs years ago - a guy called Frank who lived in a big house in Dewsbury - I remember that he had a big dog that I was frightened to death of, but as for Kirby vacs - he had their sales staff doing a song and dance during their sales pitch - the vac could be used to decorate (with paint - not with the dust) - full of useless sh#t I am!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back