Anyone got a cordless vac in their MH? (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
hi all

I'm looking at buying a cordless hand held vac - the missus wasn't impressed with my dust pan & brush birthday present.
So, my questions are - do you have a vac for your motorhome?
Can you re-charge it without being on mains hook up?
What make & model is it and is it any good?

I'm not wanting to spend a fortune as it will be kept just for the van but having said that, I want one that's going to be up to the job.
Appreciate your suggestions and replies!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Yes we have a Dyson jobbie and it is on the inverter and mains supply

Trouble is we always forget it's there and get out the bigger Dyson

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Dyson 59 which I also use in the house. Charge it off the inverter if not on hook up. It lasts about 20 mins continuous running on a charge. It is brilliant and well worth the money.

Kath

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We also have the Dyson & a small inverter that runs of a cigar lighter socket

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Dyson 59 which I also use in the house. Charge it off the inverter if not on hook up. It lasts about 20 mins continuous running on a charge. It is brilliant and well worth the money.

Kath

Same as mad wife, they are not the cheapest out their by a long chalk but they do the job admirable,
I still use the dustpan and brush but let my madwife use the Dyson:LOL:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Dyson does a great job and does not take up a lot of space.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Dyson for us and we have a £30 inverter from Maplins which runs from a cigar socket to recharge it.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
We take our GTech Multi with us, handy to get into corners! Charge last well but when necessary charge up on EHU or use inverter
Highly recommend for home and MH
Chris

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
That Dyson looks good and Siân want's one, but my experience of Dysons has not been good, had 3 and all ended up crocked for one reason or another. Swore I'd never buy another. When we moved to Wales in 2003 I bought a Miele, its been used every day since then and still works as good as it did on day one. A little too big for the van though.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Domestic Management recently purchased a rechargeable handheld vac from Robert Dyas, obviously not a premium offering like the Dyson, but it seems to work (may be a Hoover something or other). However, I will refrain from asking her about the specifics for fear of her thinking I am exhibiting a personal interest, which could be wrongly perceived as my "volunteering" to participate in related activities...;)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
My feelings toward Dyson were much like Jims, then we read the last thread on vacuum cleaners where everybody seemed to rave about the new Dyson DC59 Animal.

Last week when the Dyson man came to repair one of her many Dysons we spoke to him about it and ended up taking one from him.

So far I am very impressed, so much so that I have fixed the wall bracket in the Garage for recharge purposes. Our new MoHo has a large inverter system which powers all the sockets including the one in the Garage, so recharging shouldn't be an issue.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
We have carpets, but they're on the spare bed in the house.
Don't ask.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
lots of votes for the Dyson here, i hate the household ones mainly because of the stupid flexible tube that shortens on suction and pulls the machine over BUT the DC59 jobby does the biz in the motorhome. It was my Christmas present actually, well the vans as I got nothing.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I've had holidays that cost me less than that Dyson. But I know my place; Siân will win eventually, and we'll end up with another piece of over-priced purple plastic.
You can get them in differant colours Jim if that makes it better. :D

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Another vote for Dyson.
We mainly use it at home where it is so much easier to take upstairs and quick for the lighter jobs like de-cobwebbing the conservatory.
Don't bother to take the long tube and floor tool in the MH and find that one charge lasts for ages.

Richard.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Just bought G-Tech Air Ram plus the handheld (Multi I think)-I reckon the Multi will be fine for van and will recharge via inverter

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We had a cordless upright vac, didn't pick up much it was purple but cant recall the name , replacement battery cost a fortune so went for a ehu one. ..Moulinex city space ..Eco efficient that works easily off our inverter, it is 650 W / 750 Max = to 2000w great little machine bought it at a French supermarket

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I've had holidays that cost me less than that Dyson. But I know my place; Siân will win eventually, and we'll end up with another piece of over-priced purple plastic.
Mines silver ;):D Buy Sian the 59 animal it's a scandalous price but at the same time it is a great bit of kit - (y)
I got mine in the after xmas sales for £265 I just could not part with £350 for one :D
I tried every cordless vac in the shop against the 59 and nothing came close to it for doing what it is supposed to do IE pick up muck (y)There were two I would have liked to compare it to,one was a bosch and the other a G Tec but they were not available -since had hold of a gtec and it's not as good --
Just for info the test consisted of empting all the dust etc onto curry's carpet and squashing into carpet the others trying to pick up half the muck then the dyson to pick up the other half (direct comparison)using the 59 to then pick up what the others left behind --Mr curry's man looked on in shock when I emptied the dust canister on the floor :eek:but no doubt he was impressed with the 59 as well -bet he copies it to customers now ;):D
terry

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Personally wouldn't touch Dyson with a barge pole had 3 replaced last one went in a skip. Over priced junk. Bought a Meile now over 10 years old still going strong also got Meile fridge freezer and washing machine.
Van 10 year old Gtech still works perfect and dustpan and brush.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We use a smallish upright motorised carpet sweeper thing by GTech..
It is light, does an excellent job ( even got up all the dread Zahora Sand ! ) and the batteries seem to last yonks.

That does all the carpeted area.. Hand brush for nooks and crannies ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back