Anyone fitted Bosch Aerotwin wipers to A Class Hymer? (1 Viewer)

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
I have the usual Hymer left wiper problem where the change of direction on the curved screen makes the metal bits screech against the glass resulting in a screen with 3 marks in it so I thought I would try the Aero type which don't look like they have the same metal bits on. Has anyone replaced the conventional fitted wipers with the Aerotwin type wipers on the front of a 2001 Hymer A class? The arms have a hook at the ends so is it a straight swap or what?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Yes, I did it no problem at all except I ordered 21" blades which were too long so 20" were ordered and work very well.
21" sold to a funster ! @mousey I think ?
Straight swop.
I still have the scratches on the screen though from the originals !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
XRN

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
@Figaro 20" are the size for mine also, which make did you go for? Having fitted some "branded" ones to my car and seen the poor wiping effect I have doubts about the quality of some makes and as you know they are not cheap when you have 3 so would prefer to get it right first time.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I bought mine off eBay as a pack of three specifically for a Hymer, no manufactures marking but they have performed well for 18 months bearing in mind limited mileage I do in the motorhome.
Strangely, some months after buying originally, another pack of three arrived in the post. No idea why, must have been an admin error, but anyway I have spares now for next time I need some (y)
I think they were £29.99 for the pack

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
I have the usual Hymer left wiper problem where the change of direction on the curved screen makes the metal bits screech against the glass resulting in a screen with 3 marks in it so I thought I would try the Aero type which don't look like they have the same metal bits on. Has anyone replaced the conventional fitted wipers with the Aerotwin type wipers on the front of a 2001 Hymer A class? The arms have a hook at the ends so is it a straight swap or what?

Have just changed wipers and as my Hymer is LHD those scratches annoyed me
Bought this kit and after an hour they were gone
Link Removed
Replaced wiper blades with non metal aero blades . They work well. And so happy that scratches are gone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back