Anyone fitted a Gas-It system on an Autotrail Tracker EKS?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by colmorangie, Jun 12, 2016.

1. colmorangie

colmorangie Funster

Hi, has anyone fitted a Gas-It system on an Autotrail Tracker EKS. If so where did you locate the external filler cap. A quick reconnaissance mission makes it look difficult as we have the cab bodywork to the left and the locker to the right with little room between above and below.

We are looking at going to Portugal just after Christmas and are looking at different gas systems ie Gas-It, Safe fill, as we believe we may struggle to refill our usual propane gas bottles.

Any advise greatfully received.

2. jansellsbond

jansellsbond Funster

Gas it supply an in locker filling setup. Assuming your existing bottles are in a locker the filler is fixed inside the locker with the bottle. I had one fixed in a Swift Mondial. Just open up, the locker, attach filler, press the button and you're away. No drilling and you can take it to your next van when you upgrade.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Mickx

Mickx Funster

This works on our Comanche

Attached Files:

4. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

The OP said he was going to Portugal, you won't get filled up there with a system like that. I had to blag it with an external filler.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. jansellsbond

jansellsbond Funster

We had no trouble in Portugal or France or Spain. One time in Italy the chap refused to fill our tank but politely pointed out the petrol station around the corner who would be willing to oblige .

6. Late Starting

Late Starting Funster

Have you looked at Autogasleisure.co.uk ( Autogas 2000 ) Aluminium bottles that weigh half of what steel bottles weigh.
    Had mine fitted at their base at Thirsk in January not looked back since but would Highly Recommend fitting a Filter between bottles and gas regulater to save any reg problems later.
    My filler is in the skirt panel and looks very neat ( thanks to John at Autogas 2000 ). Who gave us great service consulting with us before drilling and cutting.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016