Anyone fitted a bench front seat to get extra seat belt? (1 Viewer)

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I have just bought a new Bailey 740, perfect for me as it is just my wife and me plus a large dog!
However my daughter is gutted as she can no longer borrow the van as they have a young child.

The 740 has four berths but only two seats!

I have considered buying a front bench seat to fit occasionally as it is a ten minute job ( I have been assured?) And when we only need the two seats the bench seat will remain. In my shed.

How do I get the v5 amended, is it possible?

What about insurance?

The bench seat is a Peugeot Boxer seat with seat belts attached. It is the type used in builders vans so safe but will not have the swivel so would not want it permanently fitted.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Fit seat take a pic
Amend V5 send back to DVLA with pic an covering letter
At first mot make sure seat is fitted ask tester to record No of seats on system
Complete record

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I can't see that taking out two swivel seats and putting in a bench seats is a "10 minute" job. Lots of things in the base of our seats, not sure about yours.

It's probably just a two seat unit that will replace the passenger's seat more than likely.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
You would be better to get a doubles seat from either a VW T4 or T5 as they have built in seat belts but you can also buy swivels for them too !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sometimes disconnecting the seat belt warning light can cause the CPU to throw a wobbly and will need resetting by a main dealer. I wouldn't have thought it worth the risk.
I solved the problem of my daughter wanting to borrow my van, I upraded to 3850kg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back