Rally Anyone Fancy Stafford Motorhome Show 26th June (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
PS: Sian has given me windscreen stickers for everyone who needs them.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi :hi: Jim, we are coming to Stafford but can't remember if I pm you. we will be there on Fri morning about 11ish hopefully:cheers: and thanks

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It's OK. The people on the gate have given me a fresh Marshal pack which includes who is coming.
It appears everyone is turning up on Friday. I have 12 Listed but only have your real surname not your forum name.

When you enter the gate to the actual rally area we are the second pitch on the left. I have parked my van facing the gate and put my big fun sign in the window. There is a water tap in the centre which doesn't currently work but I believe it will be switched on before you arrive.

Internet access via 3 works but is patchy with low signal strength. Good enough for browsing and emailing but not for video etc.

I look forward to seeing you all when you get here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
@Simson - Jim won't be at Stafford - your 'Fun' Marshal for the event is Gromett, whose first name is Karl.

Karl kindly stepped in at the last minute, when the original marshal's wife unfortunately suffered a stroke, so he obviously had to step down. Because it hasn't been arranged for months and months, nobody will be as well prepared - but having said that - wherever, whatever - because at smaller meets of any kind people all just 'muck in' anyway - and IMHO people have a lot more chance to have really good natters to more people than at a great big event - everyone will have JUST as much fun there if not more!

It's only that a few things as tea urns and heated marquees won't be present - if a few of you each boil a kettle you can still get together and have a cuppa or share a few bottles of beer/wine etc. It ain't rocket science!

Baggers53

Free Member
Dec 30, 2013
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We live in Stafford and will be going to the show on Saturday.....looking forward to it!!!!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks @sedge . Yes unfortunately I am not prepared for this as it was really last minute so I don't have a little tent or signs or anything like that. But I am sure we can figure something out to share either beers, coffee or wine together. The show itself looks to be a reasonable size, much bigger than for example Stratford.
There is entertainment in the main building on Sat night. There is also a bar open Friday and Sat night if the weather doesn't behave.

One thing I have noticed though in the official show book they do state that there is no grey waste disposal facility and we are expected to take it home. It does ask you to keep your stop cock closed on your way out.

Reactions: Jim
Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi :hi: there wasn't a lot of fun club members at the Kent show and that was lovely, everyone made there own coffee an met around one van (y) met some great members and had a good chat with them all. And the saying is sharing is caring, I'll share my coffee with anyone :clap:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Found a new use for Plastic Trunking. If you take the lid off and cut it into 6" lengths, then cut an angle on it. They make great pitch markers. I am glad I carry so much crap around with me at times :whistle::LOL:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
There is a Model Train club on the site. It has multiple gauges and runs Steam, Diesel and Electric models. They have a signal box, turntable, engineering workshops plus lots more. It really is an incredible little set up and worth a nose. They are not sure if they are open this weekend as they were told that they may not be able to get out easily. The gentlemen there say someone may be there on Sunday though.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
9.30.. Had breakfast and on my way for a look around.. :)
Travelling solo, Wife said she prefers to stop home and do the ironing.. Strange woman :rofl::doh:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Well, Everyone has arrived and settled in. There was also at least another 20+ fun members who turned up but weren't booked in the club area plus some day visitors who came across to say hello.

We did our best to keep up the fun reputation for partying and had a bit of a get together and made a little noise. However by 9pm it was getting a bit cold for us all so we retired gracefully.

Thanks to everyone who made my job easier and for those who tried to confuse me

A great start to the weekend (y)

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Just back from a great weekend in Stafford, not many Funsters there but those that attended did their best to enjoy themselves. Big big thank you to Gromett who did a great job of marshalling us all in and looked after us all weekend. Looking forward to the next meet.

Tim

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
We went on Saturday as day visitors, our first visit to a show seeing as how we are newbies ! and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was planning on heading across to the Fun area to introduce myself to some funsters but got distracted by all the excellent stands and before I knew it was 2pm and time to leave for Cosford to see the Vulcan bomber flyby. I`ll meet you all one day though !

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry I didn't see you before I left Gromett. Thanks for your hard work. Can't be easy directing EVEYONE, (not just funsters!).
Hope to meet again sometime.
Wendy (and Tilly......woof,woof!) :dogthanks:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It was very nice to meet you Wendy. Hope you had a good time. Thanks for your company (y)

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi Gromett :hi: just thought I would let you know we had a great weekend at Stafford, you done a great job with the marshalling(y) (y) (y). and enjoyed the barby and all the natter. Sorry we missed you on Monday morning but we were up soon so we left about 7 to miss the traffic. Hope you had a good journey to your mams and look forward to seeing you again. A big :thanks4:for another fun weekend. Mew & Mick

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Mew and Mick. I had fun and enjoyed the saturday night including the BBQ hosted by @Gosport Tim and the run to the pub after. Thanks for the company (y) Looking forward to meeting up again in the future.

Lottiethehymer

Free Member
Jul 13, 2015
Northampton
Funster No
MH
B class
Exp
Good morning Popeye , yes I know now I posted it on an old thread , not quite a wake yet lol , but can't find where to post it for this years show , I have messaged Jim to ask where I go to post it , Pam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back