Rally Chat Anyone fancy a meet in BeniCarlo? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We are thinking of going to Camping Algeria at Benicarlo in Spain. The same place as the Spanish meet last year.

I have spoken to the English owners and they can accommodate 10-12 motorhomes last 2 weeks in April.

The price will be €13.50 per night which includes 6amp electric. English TV would be an additional 10 euros for the fortnight.

It's a very welcoming campsite, with great facilities and a lovely atmosphere.

For more info and pictures see campingalegria.com

Let me know if you are interested.

Ginny and Mike

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Hello Ginny and Mike,

All being well we will be joining you in Benicarlo. Do we have to book with the site or can we just turn up.

Take care,

Anne & Malc

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hello Ginny and Mike,

All being well we will be joining you in Benicarlo. Do we have to book with the site or can we just turn up.

Take care,

Anne & Malc

Hi Malc,

It depends how many funsters show an interest. If nobody else wants to go we will have a great time with you and Anne!

Ginny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I'm still owed a freebie on there but trying to sort getting away now my daughter is working is a right pain... If thinks change I will see what we can do if not have a great time anyone that goes..

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
We left there on Thursday , lovely site, they are fully booked for Feb and up to Easter, so if you are going don't hang about booking up !

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
Yes we were, good big pitches, trouble is cc club have first shout on most of them, and have them all booked up to Easter. We spent the first night on the old section, but with an 8.5 metre van , it was like a quart in a pint pot , so we moved down to the new area

DLT

Sep 2, 2013
pencoed
Funster No
MH
swift c/built
Exp
Hi Ginny
We might be down that way March/April will keep watching
Julia&Dave

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Ginny, Mike and Charlie, Would have loved to meet up there again but we are out in France Spain feb and March, so can't do April. We did think of calling at Benicarlo but it looks like the CCC have bugg**ed it up.
Love to you all
Bernie & Rona;)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Would love to have met up in Benicarlo again but I'm planning to be be in Sardinia around that time.

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
I am new to camping travelling on my own with my two yorkies. I would love to travel to Spain but have never drove abroad, would appreciate it if I could tag along with someone, wouldn't know where to start, if it's not possible have a good one .

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, we are setting off on Saturday, but I'm sure if you go on the uk rallies you will soon make lots of great friends and then it will be easy to go abroad with someone. That's exactly how we started many years ago.

Driving in France and Spain is much easier than UK, better roads, Aires, good campsites, you will soon gain confidence.

Ginny

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We desperately wanted to tag along with someone before we travelled abroad but decided to just go for it. We're so glad we did. We hate driving in England now sooooo busy! !!

Aug 13, 2009
KENT
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Caravanning since 1990's Went over to motorhoming 2007
QUOTE="Teasy2007, post: 1711051, member: 428"]We are thinking of going to Camping Algeria at Benicarlo in Spain. The same place as the Spanish meet last year.

I have spoken to the English owners and they can accommodate 10-12 motorhomes last 2 weeks in April.

The price will be €13.50 per night which includes 6amp electric. English TV would be an additional 10 euros for the fortnight.

Ginny and Mike[/QUOTE]

Hi Ginny & Mike

Carol & I are interested!
:sun:

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
QUOTE="Teasy2007, post: 1711051, member: 428"]We are thinking of going to Camping Algeria at Benicarlo in Spain. The same place as the Spanish meet last year.

Ginny and Mike

Hi Ginny & Mike

:sun:[/QUOTE]

I have just been in touch with Camping Alegria and we hope to be there for the whole of April, if anyone is interested please let me know.

Ginny

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Hi Ginny & Mike

:sun:

I have just been in touch with Camping Alegria and we hope to be there for the whole of April, if anyone is interested please let me know.

Ginny[/QUOTE]
Hi Ginny, we have just left there yesterday. Had a great 3 weeks. Family very welcoming as always. They are doing some work on the front of Benicarlo and extending the coastal footpath to Peniscola. Looks lot smarter. Enjoy your stay . Hope you are both keeping well
Jan and Dek

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005

Ginny
Hi Ginny, we have just left there yesterday. Had a great 3 weeks. Family very welcoming as always. They are doing some work on the front of Benicarlo and extending the coastal footpath to Peniscola. Looks lot smarter. Enjoy your stay . Hope you are both keeping well
Jan and Dek[/QUOTE]
Sorry we missed you, are you on your way home now?

Ginny

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Jan and Dek
Sorry we missed you, are you on your way home now?

Ginny[/QUOTE]
At Vilanova for a week then somewhere else for a bit. Ferry booked for 16th March. Been out since 29th Dec. .fantastic time

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We were wondering about Villa Nova, we wanted to go to Bon Repos at Santa Suzanna, but it is very expensive , much more than Bonterra Park!

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
We were wondering about Villa Nova, we wanted to go to Bon Repos at Santa Suzanna, but it is very expensive , much more than Bonterra Park!
Only been here one day but first impressions are
Staff lovely
Site HUGE
Long way out of town but regular bus service
Easy access for Barcelona( main reason why we chose here)
Lots of pitches in the shade
Very well stocked supermarket but quite pricey
Haven't seen another one within cycling distance
Prob won't come again but ok for a week .
Maybe difficult for you if can't use public transport with dog

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Yes you are right it doesn't sound like it would suit us, we might stay longer at Benicarlo, it's a lovely site and close - now Mike has his mobility scooter - to the marina and the town, we are really looking forward to going there for a few weeks.

Charlie loves the beach, so it's a win win!

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
H
Yes you are right it doesn't sound like it would suit us, we might stay longer at Benicarlo, it's a lovely site and close - now Mike has his mobility scooter - to the marina and the town, we are really looking forward to going there for a few weeks.

hope my review was useful! Enjoy Benicarlo x

Deleted User

Have a fab time, wish we were heading for some sun.

Lin :)

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Right, we are booked in for a month at Benicarlo, from 1st April to 1st of May. We are on the deluxe pitch and there are a few places available.

I'm not sure if this should be on the scheduled rally thread now, but if anyone is interested in a few days or longer at a lovely site where we will be looked after, then let me know.

Ginny

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Right, we are booked in for a month at Benicarlo, from 1st April to 1st of May. We are on the deluxe pitch and there are a few places available.

I'm not sure if this should be on the scheduled rally thread now, but if anyone is interested in a few days or longer at a lovely site where we will be looked after, then let me know.

Ginny
Have a great time so so tempted but so so much to do here at home this year :( love to Anne and Malc if they are still with you and love to you and Mike and charlie xxx

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Have a great time so so tempted but so so much to do here at home this year :( love to Anne and Malc if they are still with you and love to you and Mike and charlie xxx

Thanks Kate, love to Bill and Amanda, we are really looking forward to seeing you all again, if not in Spain then Uk.

Victor

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2014
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1996
Hi Ginny sorry we will miss you we have been at Camping Alegria Del Mar, Benicarlo since the 1st March and we leave on the 26th March. Its a great site the English/Spanish family who own it cant do enough for you, we will be back next year.
Brian & Pat.
"Victor"

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Morning Ginny

Just been thinking, bit early I know, we are on here till 7 the April and its possible we could change our intended route home and join you for a week or so in benicarlo. Are there places available then? Sounds a nice site. Will call on you later today for some info.

Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back