Anyone Else Still Waiting?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gin Palace, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Gin Palace

Gin Palace Read Only Funster

Reading all about you lucky people going off on your travels, we are still waiting for our new MH ordered last October should have arrived beg of June now going to be 2july!
    I'm chomping at the bit anyone else still waiting? :(

• Like Like x 3
  2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

9 MONTHS :eek:

If i were to buy new, which is as likely as man colonising mars, i would insist on a breach of contract clause stating if it wasnt delivered and ready by the stated date i could, and would, cancel.
    Sorry but 9 months is not an acceptable waiting period.
    if the builders have such a long waiting list its time they took on extra staff, and larger premises, to cope with the backlog.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Hi, Ginpalace what van did you order is it uk manufacturer ;)

4. Gin Palace

:sneaky:We knew it was going to be Beg of May when we ordered it but it's slowly crept later and later it is a Swift Bolero 722fb black edition
    I understand it's made in Italy? the downside of buying new along with the vat but we love the new look.

5. mike mcglynn

Well Lets hope you get it when they promise , a very nice van worth the wait not long now :cool:

6. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Where ever it is being built that is shocking service.

I have been surprised at how many people order new and are left waiting for extended periods or have problems to be resolved.

Has anyone ever ordered new and collected on time and had trouble free travels?

7. Gin Palace

Thank you I hope so :smiley:

8. mike mcglynn

In my experience of a working life it dawned on me many years ago that sales people and operational people have 2 differing agendas as I have seen and worked in both areas and whatever business you are in this will always be the case .

9. denisejoe

denisejoe Funster

It should only be the base vehicle that is made in Italy. Swift vans are supposedly built in the UK.

Joe

• Like Like x 1
  10. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Very true! I see you are local to us... I must remember to wave if we see you!

• Like Like x 1
  11. chaser

chaser Funster

Don't know how anyone can wait upwards of a year, to buy anything, I couldn't do it , I'd change my mind a dozen times before then, what else takes that long to buy, nothing, that I know to.
    By the time you get it they will be selling next years model and yours will be out of date and a year old as soon as you get out of their gates.
    Makes no sense to me.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Gin Palace

Thanks for that makes me feel a lot better!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gin Palace

Yes def! Whereabout are you?

14. trophychap

trophychap Funster

Swifts are built in Hull - on Fiat chassis.

Yes we received our Pilote exactly when the dealer said we would - we even had a phone call to say it had left the factory and was on its way to England. A further call when it arrived at the dealers to arrange a date for the handover. Ordered in the October at the NEC show from Hayes at Wednesbury and collected exactly when we were told by Bill Hayes and Lee at the show.

The only thing that didn't work was the solar that we'd had taken off our old van and put on the new, between collection and going to France for 3 months there was 3ins of snow on the roof LOL - anyway we got it sorted in France and had to buy a new regulator - so no idea whether it was anyone's actual fault or not really - just the reg going pop - but not a single thing wrong with Pilote's part of the deal !

• Like Like x 5
  15. chaser

chaser Funster

Sorry mate didn't mean yours personly just meant anyone when I said 'you' should have said 'one' :(

16. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Its actually Mike McGlynn who is local to us -but if we pass your way we will wave at you too!

I do get to Cambridge quite often (in my car though) as I am "looking after" a large new building for the university press.

• Like Like x 1
  17. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

I ordered mine end October last year, had a choice of February slot or June. February did not work for us and I was happy to wait to June, also got an extra 5% discount for the later slot, but first week of June has become first week of July in 2 bites. But now completed at the factory, just fitting Oyster and other stuff, collection all arranged for the 4th July now. It is difficult to odds the market, if what you want is popular you have a choice if you must have a new van now, get something unpopular!!

18. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

According to the latest issue of MMM (mine arrived today) motorhome sales are booming in the UK - up about 24% on last year! This might explain why there are delays in delivery, companies are just biting off more than they can chew.

Reading some of the threads on the Swift forum, Gin Palace is not alone in having to wait. Lovely van though, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  19. Baycott

Baycott Funster

@Gin Palace we have a Swift 684FB Black Edition on order and way originally told mid June. Have now been told that the build date in Hull is 28th to 30th June so we should get it mid July. I have emailed Swift and they have told me there is no delay in production:Eeek:
    I'll keep my fingers crossed as we need to use it end of August.

20. Phill D

Phill D

Ordered our Adria Coral in the Sept for Delivery 1 March. Delivered on time and no issues except on the FIAT after 3 years the sensor on the DPF faulty.