Anyone come across this before? (1 Viewer)

andycotterell

Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
Europe-wide
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm parked up on a site in Ljubljana which was, until recently, fairly peaceful. Since Sunday I've been woken up in the mornings by drilling and grinding noises which have then continued throughout most of the day. I assumed that the site owners were performing maintenance on the cabins at the end of the site, but a couple of days ago I realised it was coming from the Italians parked about twenty feet away from me. They have a heavy-duty compressor, a paint gun and a grinding and polishing machine set-up in and around a small tent next to their motorhome and they appear to be manufacturing and / or refurbishing large candlesticks of some sort. They also have two other motorhomes with them on site, which are some distance away and which seem to contain wives and children (there's constant traffic and shouting between the vans), and they've also got a couple of cars with them.
Has anyone come across this sort of thing anywhere else?
I approached the Italians as soon as I realised it was them making the noise, but they shrugged, said "sorry" and just carried on. I then complained at the site reception and they said they would look into it. When I checked with them this morning they said that they had told the Italians to move, but this obviously didn't happen.
Any ideas?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
From your avetar it looks like your Motorhome has wheels:RollEyes: need i say more:Doh:
Bloody anoying though:Sad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I've seen al-sorts on sites and aires abroad..
bric a brac market stalls, bike hire, quad hire, craft stalls, portrait painting, fruit stalls, etc .. .. I even saw a barber shop set up in a tent .. :roflmto:

Europeans are much more relaxed about what they do on sites.. try any of that on a CC site :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Has anyone come across this sort of thing anywhere else?

We stopped at a municipal site just passed Metz. To this day we have no idea what was going on but there were a lot of caravans with good new cars outside, men in good grey suits, women and children. A panel van set out as a laundry with washing machines in a trailer. Not gypsies as we know them, Jim. Perfect behaviour. We could not work it out.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We stopped at a municipal site just passed Metz. To this day we have no idea what was going on but there were a lot of caravans with good new cars outside, men in good grey suits, women and children. A panel van set out as a laundry with washing machines in a trailer. Not gypsies as we know them, Jim. Perfect behaviour. We could not work it out.
Simples!!
They come on site offer to do your washing for next to nowt, pick out the best grey suites and sell any and all designer clothes and buy new cars:Doh:
Geo

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Sound like gypos with a scam to me . Did they have loads of Gold chains on ? if so then defo gypsies... ::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
all quite normal abroad. i have a friend who prints t shirts in his van .put up lines for drying each colour between trees etc. got to make a living some how. others carry welders n compressors for spraying cars n vans while on the road. lots have potters wheels n sewing machines. there is a big working comunity out there living in m,homes. even saw one german with a lathe n a milling machine nice chap but gone a bit far i think.always findsome amusing thing happening when on a long haul if you keep your eyes n ears open .cheers alan.

OP
OP
andycotterell

andycotterell

Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
Europe-wide
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Sound like gypos with a scam to me . Did they have loads of Gold chains on ? if so then defo gypsies... ::bigsmile:

The guys look like generic italian thugs, but the women have more than a hint of gypsy about them.

The site manager has told them they have to move but they're showing no signs of it.
If they haven't moved by tomorrow morning I guess I'll have to move from my hard-earned spot under shady trees. It doesn't seem like the right solution (I think the site should apply their rules) but I'm travelling alone so I don't want any unnecessary confrontation, especially with people who appear to have little to lose.

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
The guys look like generic italian thugs, but the women have more than a hint of gypsy about them.

The site manager has told them they have to move but they're showing no signs of it.
If they haven't moved by tomorrow morning I guess I'll have to move from my hard-earned spot under shady trees. It doesn't seem like the right solution (I think the site should apply their rules) but I'm travelling alone so I don't want any unnecessary confrontation, especially with people who appear to have little to lose.

My advice, for what its worth; is go somewere else its not worth the hassle. It doesnt sound very relaxing there for you. The Site owner may be a bit bothered about any come backs if he confronts them so may be playing a waiting game too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back